Agri Beef Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agri Beef Co.
Agri Beef is a family owned and operated company rooted in the heart of the Northwest. Originally founded in 1968, the company has expanded into a vertically integrated beef production model to include every process of the beef lifecycle including ranching, feeding and processing. Agri Beef has operations throughout Idaho and Washington, each integrally involved in producing the highest quality beef for Agri Beef’s branded beef programs; Snake River Farms, Double R Ranch, St. Helens, and Rancho El Oro. Agri Beef operates under the guiding principles of sustainability, total quality, animal well-being and responsibility to employees, the community and the industry and believes in building a team that is inspired by purpose and driven by perfection.
Agri Beef’s feedyards employ some of the most dedicated people in the business. To ensure our cattle are cared for properly and given a healthy, comfortable environment, our people manufacture and deliver feed, provide care for our animals, maintain our facilities and equipment, and provide administrative support to our teams and customers. Our Par 4 location is in Othello Washington and the primary goal of our feedyard is to maintain optimal health and well-being of our animals.
We are looking for a Pen Rider at our cattle feedyard in Othello. As a member of our Cattle Processing & Health team, you will handle, move, inspect, doctor, process and retrieve cattle in a quiet and efficient manner.
- Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares cattle for receiving into the feedyard.
- Must be able to follow rules and policies regarding safety and work in a safe manner.
• Ride (horseback) and/or walk through pens, inspect cattle and evaluate compromised animals for treatment
• Administers injections and or other treatments according to protocol
• Diagnoses and treats cattle
• Ensures compliance to the company Animal Well-Being Policy and Guidelines
• Must provide own tack.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• One year related cattle handling experience or training required.
• Must be a skilled rider and have the knowledge to identify animal illness.