Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School President - Pope John Paul II, Lacey
at Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools
Job Reference #: 5720
Openings as of 4/7/2020
- High School President - Pope John Paul II, Lacey JobID: 5720
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Pope John Paul II, Lacey Pope John Paul II High School provides a Catholic secondary education within a challenging academic, spiritual, and co-curricular environment that develops young men and women who are intellectually strong, spiritually alive, and committed to serving the needs of others.
- Be a practicing Catholic who, as the spiritual leader of the school, accesses the Holy Spirit to establish and maintain the spiritual vision of the school.
- Be dedicated to Catholic education.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising.
- Have a college degree.
- Be visionary.
- Have financial, religious, spiritual, and educational leadership skills.
- Be a collaborative leader.
- Working with the Principal, nurture and motivate the faculty, staff, and student body.
- Have experience developing community partnerships and support.
- Be committed to and embody the mission of JPII.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and experience communicating positively across various audiences in an engaging manner that builds strong community relationships.
- Be a problem solver.
- Interpret and implement pedagogy in light of the charisms of Saint John Paul II in a manner consistent with a Roman Catholic education and current educational best practices.
- Hire and evaluate the Principal.
- Maintain a consultative, collaborative relationship with the Principal meeting frequently to maintain open and effective lines of communication with all constituent school groups.
- In collaboration with the Principal, articulate clearly the lines of authority and responsibilities regarding the operation of the school.
- Sign all teacher covenants and other personnel work agreements.
- Develop and effective administrative team responsible for executing the educational vision of JPII High School.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and provide professional development of all personnel under the President’s direction.
- Coordinate and implement a program for long range planning for the school.
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors on the state of the school covering the following areas:
- Religious tone and faith formation efforts;
- Budget review and financial viability;
- Development efforts and programs;
- Mission enhancements;
- Long range planning;
- Educational programs
- Progress on implementation of the School's Strategic Plan;
- Progress on the Educational Improvement Plan from the Accreditation Study;
- Administrative policies;
- Goals of the administrative team.
- Assist in the governance of the school by presenting appropriate policy issues before the Board of Directors.
- Ensures that Archdiocesan policies that are relevant to the management of the school are followed.
- Provide programs/experiences that assist the Board of Directors in developing a greater understanding of the vision of Catholic secondary education and the charisms of Saint John Paul II that inform the educational vision of the school.
- Serve on appropriate Board Committees as an ex-officio non-voting member.
- Supervise, with Board input, and that of appropriate school/community groups, the accreditation process.
- Financial Management:
- Oversee the business operations and school finances;
- Annually develop a school budget and present it to the Board for approval;
- In collaboration with the Principal, implement the provisions of the approved budget on a daily basis and authorize all expenditures;
- In collaboration with the Principal directs the facilitated tuition program;
- Provide for the maintenance of health and safety standards throughout the school facility;
- In conjunction with Finance Committee and the bookkeeper provide monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Promote the educational vision within the school community by communicating to the faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni the directives of the Board of Directors and where applicable the Archdiocese of Seattle.
- Share with the broader community the educational mission and vision through a comprehensive and effective public relations program.
- Serve as the official representative of the school to the Archdiocese of Seattle, governmental agencies and other civil and community organizations.
- Preside at Commencement Exercises and other appropriate all-school assemblies or convocation and to sign and confer, in the name of the Board of Directors, all certificates and honors voted upon.
- Must be a practicing Catholic
- Must be an effective leader
- College degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Excellent stewardship and philanthropy experience
Pope John Paul II High School seeks a President to lead our vibrant, growing school community in Lacey, Washington. Our Founding Principal and current President will retire at the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. This is a unique opportunity to lead JPII in its goal to inspire creativity, acknowledge new ideas and foster virtues and interests while seeking truth that will enlighten students’ paths as they grow. The successful candidate will help form Pope John Paul II High School during its next very crucial phase of growth and maturation.
Successful candidates will:
The President is hired by, and responsible to the Pope John Paul II High School’s Board of Directors and is approved by the Archbishop of Seattle as sole member of the corporation. As the Chief Executive Officer of the school, the President has the overall responsibility for the management of Pope John Paul II High School and for providing leadership to its educational mission and values consistent with its Catholic identity and the teachings of the Catholic Church. This leadership responsibility extends to the school’s student population, and its faculty and staff.
The President is the institutional spokesperson representing the school to internal and external community groups. Internally, the President is responsible for institutional advancement and development activities, and externally, for initiating and cultivating donor relationships and community partnerships.
The President is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors and is appointed for an indefinite term. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the President provides the vision for long term strategic planning, establishing annual and long-term goals, and is the liaison between the school community and the Board.
In collaboration with the principal, the President works to inspire academic excellence, faith formation and community building through actively engaging and promoting the school.
Spiritual Leader: The President is responsible for establishing and maintaining the religious vision of the school.
Educational and Administrative Leader: The President is responsible for ensuring that the educational vision and the accreditation plan of the school are implemented and annually reviewed and updated when needed. The President being responsible for the educational direction of the school has specific leadership responsibilities as the administrative leader to the Board of Directors and to the St. John Paul II Community.
Board of Directors Leader:
The President is the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for the development program/plan which maintains the school’s financial viability. The President is also then responsible for the sound financial stewardship and management of all school resources. He/she oversee personnel and facilities management.
Community and Public Leader:
Other Qualifying Elements
To apply: Please submit your application online to the Archdiocese of Seattle Office of Catholic Schools at and send a letter of interest and resume to: Mike Sellars at email@example.com