Basic American Foods
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Associate - Moses Lake
at Basic American Foods
- Moses Lake, WA, USA
- Full Time
Line Associate - Moses Lake, WA
We are expanding! We have a built in career ladder! We seek motivated, dedicated, and long-term co-workers. If this is you, please continue to complete your application.
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They're heroes in our eyes, and it's our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
Moses Lake is a diverse community with a small town feel but is just a short distance from Seattle and Spokane. It stands in the epicenter of many rapidly growing industries, while also being known an oasis of outdoor recreation, with its large, natural freshwater lake and numerous parks and campgrounds.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
We're Looking for Someone Who Can:
- Maintain sanitary conditions and appearance in the plant and keep bacteria at acceptable levels. =
- Protect yourself and others. Assist with team safety performance by using the SAFE Process, participation in regular safety meetings, participation in regular safety/sanitation inspections, and maintaining orderliness of work areas. Ensure proper Lock, Tag and Try of equipment.
- Protect the customer. Manage product quality by adherence to product specifications, GMP's & Sanitation Guidelines, FM prevention, HACCP and assisting with inline routine sanitation, area sanitation & tool inspection. Responsible for segregating non-conforming product.
- Perform cleaning with the use of high-pressure hoses and cleaning agents on machinery, product belts, floors, pipes and walls. Also performs dry cleaning where applicable.
- Observe all machinery for safe operations in the assigned area.
- Observe all machinery for trouble spots in assigned area.
- React positively to change.
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Protect production capacity.
- Will be required to become Forklift Certified within ninety (90) days of hire.
Must be willing to work day, swing, and night shifts, rotating days off pattern.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Beyond our commitment to quality and convenient products, we provide a culture where employees are valued and supported to meet their career goals. Top performers are offered opportunities for progression and promotions.
All of our hourly employees receive at least 9 paid holidays. Other benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance • Education Assistance (up to $4,000 a year) • a Scholarship Program for Dependents & 401K Plan. Wellness program and employee assistance program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear in both an office environment and a loud environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally must access high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, requiring hearing protection.
At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.