Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Management & Leadership and Radiation & Imaging Sciences Program Manager, R20047
at Bellevue College
The Program Manager supports the delivery of instruction and student success by administering, organizing and managing student guidance, recruitment and operations of specific programs within the Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute (HSEWI), Academic Affairs Division.
Programs supported by this position:
- Healthcare Management & Leadership BAS (HCML)
- Radiation & Imaging Sciences BAS (RAIS)
- Radiation & Imaging Sciences Certificates
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $53,539. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute (HSEWI) fosters successful completion of our diverse students' education goals, as well as advocates life-long wellness, learning, teaching, and service excellence. We provide a wide variety of accessible, rigorous, and engaging professional/technical courses, programs, and credentials that are responsive to individual, institutional, and community needs, prospects, and opportunities. Our Institute is comprised of sixteen unique programs which focus on providing excellent education and training for many professions in healthcare, education, and wellness.
- POSITION DUTIES
- Guide prospective and current students by providing them with accurate information regarding each program, admission process, registration procedures, prerequisites, financial aid, and student services.
- Graduation review: Review degree requirements and Degree Audit results; Follow up with Evaluations with errors; Process information update
- Meet with students; Maintain and update educational plans for each student; Instruct students on access and use of educational planning tools provided by each program.
- Lead Program information sessions (if applicable).
- Prepare and process program applications based on the number of admit cycles determined by each program (Healthcare Management & Leadership – 2 per year, Radiation & Imaging Sciences – 3 per year; Both programs' admit cycles run Winter through summer and Fall through Winter, RAIS has an additional admit cycle for Radiologic Technology students that runs in Spring).
- Review application process, propose changes and update application materials
- Coordinate applicant interviews for the HCML program.
- Coordinate with evaluations department when necessary to assist in credit review process.
- Submit accepted students to Enrollment Services, Evaluations, and Financial aid on a cyclical basis.
- Collect syllabi and other quarterly forms for retention.
- Compile, analyze, and distribute program and general student data.
- Manage document management system (i.e. SharePoint) for each program.
- Coordinate with Evaluations on course substitutions, non-traditional credit forms, and graduation applications.
- Collect graduate/alumni information (i.e. external certifications, surveys). Collect employer surveys.
- Manage and maintain each program website in content management system (i.e. WordPress) according to division standards and keep each program website update to date.
- Collaborate with Program Chair to develop annual marketing and recruitment plan for each program.
- Create, develop, compile and write communications and promotional literature for distribution via marketing materials (i.e. flyers, posters, brochures, etc.) in collaboration with Institutional Advancement office.
- Manage and maintain program social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) according to college and division standards.
- Work to create and develop methods of advertising and community outreach based on target audience of each program.
- Collaborate with other campus departments to organize events and disseminate information about programs.
- Support HSEWI Academic Advisor in participating in Campus outreach events.
- Reconcile and analyze program budgets, expenditures, class fees & costs, and process faculty payroll quarterly (PAFs), accounts payable, transfers, travel and other reimbursements.
- Submit and track Purchase Order requests.
- Analyze and recommend expenditures consistent with budget limits.
- Track expenses to ensure that the budget is on track.
- Analyze and influence necessary changes for future budget requests.
- Ensure accurate and ethical stewardship of college funds.
- Monitor student registration activities, retention and report to the Program Chair/Director as necessary.
- Develop each program's annual academic catalogue and quarterly class schedules; Build classes in the Bellevue College Course Management system (HP), and publish schedule quarterly.
- Coordinate with Office of Academic Affairs to ensure faculty evaluations are setup properly.
- Serve as back up for the Work Based Learning Coordinator to facilitate student progress.
- (campus catering, meals with meetings, Advisory Committee policies, etc.).
- Schedule and coordinate meeting times and locations; Follow campus procedures to organize program related meetings/events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant educational and work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis
- Three (3) years of related experience in a capacity that involves customer service, finance management, marketing, recruiting, organizing work flow, implementing policies and procedures, information compilation, graphic design, publishing and database management
- Experience providing customer service to the public/special groups/clients
- Experience with budgeting and finance
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and WordPress
- Effective communication skills
- Experience building constructive relationships with students and peers characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual regard
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve while staying within the parameters of good practice; generates unique, workable, and useful solutions to difficult problems; actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups and a commitment to cultural pluralism
- Must be able to work an occasional alternate schedule, such as evenings or weekend
- Experience working in Project/Program management
- Experience working in Higher Education in a student facing position
- Knowledge of HSEWI programs
- Marketing, recruiting and/or promotional experience (Social Media)
- Experience evaluating and assessing data
- Experience using LEAN principles in process improvement, business operations, or Project/Program management
- SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 05/13/2020 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (maximum 2 pages).