Ben Franklin Transit
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ben Franklin Transit
- Nature of the Position
Ben Franklin Transit (BFT) provides exceptional and cost-effective transportation services that consistently exceed customer expectations while promoting the principles and practices of livable communities and sustainable development.
We value customer service, collaboration, diversity, fiscal accountability, innovation, sustainability and safety. Employees and representatives of BFT are expected to uphold our values and mission.
Schedule and coordinate efficient and cost-effective transportation for paratransit customers in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations related to public transit operations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities/KSA
- Prepare, schedule, and assign realistic time-based schedules to support paratransit operations.
- Assign drivers to appropriate routes; maintain contact with drivers to advise on changing situations.
- Receive customer calls to schedule ride appointments; coordinate return trips and trip cancellations.
- Perform on-going maintenance of customer trip subscriptions; contact customers with trip change information as necessary.
- Maintain accurate passenger records in scheduling database; update changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type, or other important field entries as needed.
- Provide guidance and information to passengers on questions of ADA eligibility and assessment procedures.
- Assist and resolve customer questions and concerns; elevate high-priority issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Critically analyzing daily schedules to improve on-time performance and productivity.
- Review, organize, and maintain trip data to maximize service efficiencies.
- Perform clerical duties Schedules staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with dispatching duties as needed.
- Liaise with contracted transit vendor services to assist Agency with additional transportation needs.
- Prepare work schedules reservationists.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, one-year of experience in transportation scheduling and/or dispatching and type 30 words per minute. Must possess a valid driver's license.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Three-years of experience in route scheduling in a public transit or paratransit environment.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State, and local laws, rules and regulations governing the delivery of transit and paratransit services, including ADA.
- Principles and practices of paratransit programs.
- Understand and apply customer service methods, including telephone etiquette, patience, conflict resolution, and persuasion.
- Understand and apply general office practices and procedures.
- Operate two-way radio and computerized dispatch system.
- Comprehend various kinds of disabilities, their related functional abilities, and accommodation tools based on ADA regulations.
- Familiar with the geography, major transit routes, and landmarks of Benton and Franklin Counties; read schedules, paper/electronic maps and comprehend directions of travel.
- Create and confirm accurate electronic bookings of customer trip requests using scheduling systems guidelines.
- Excellent customer service techniques used to establish, maintain, and foster positive working relationships with those encountered during work.
- Write clear, concise reports, and other documentation.
- Learn new technologies, policies, procedures and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
- Utilize office equipment and other relevant technology (software and systems) to meet business needs.
- Understand, follow, and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work as a team member and independently; effectively apply organizational and time management skills; meet deadlines and comply with Agency policies.
- Exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Focus on tasks and recall details; handle frequent interruptions.