Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Union membership is a requirement for this position and applicants or candidates must be willing to join the union.
Iyabak Construction, LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking qualified Heavy Equipment Operators for full-time seasonal work on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Operate loaders, dozers, excavators and/or grader under traffic areas.in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Experience in digging around utilities and installing pipe and structures.
- Trench boxes, sheets and skiff box experience will be useful
- Loading trucks around overhead utilities.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Clean equipment as scheduled or required
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Practice workplace safety.
- Other Duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Must have a valid Washington Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (2) years utility experience
- Trenching and shoring experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of Equipment and truck safety.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment and trucks.
- Ability to work in a Composite Type Crew Environment.
- Ability to obtain necessary training for the work environment.
- Current MSHA and First Aid/CPR certification.
- Confined space certification
- Trenching and shoring certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for strenuous and demanding work. Lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects are a must. Operator must insure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed outdoors with almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials, dirt, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.