Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cannon Companies
- 06-Aug-2019 to 05-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Milton, WA, USA
- Full Time
Cannon Companies is looking for qualified applicants to join our team as an entry level Drafter. Our Drafters work closely with Project Managers to develop a plan for each job. Our company is striving to offer more to our customers from engineering, designing, planning and implementation of a project. Our drafters are instrumental in supporting these goals.
- Have a high school diploma
- Be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check
- Have a current valid Driver's License
- Be willing to learn
- Be willing to work flexible hours
- Have a positive attitude and be highly motivated
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail and calculations
- Understanding and ability to design construction plans in AutoCad 2016.
- Proficient on computers and design programs
- Assists design/engineering team in project support from initial concept, through final construction drawings.
- Responsible for the designing plans mainly for Communication accounts but may be other accounts as well.
- Telecom certifications are a HUGE plus
- Ability to read and understand complex prints for fiber slicing and equipment installations
- Have a desire and ability to support customer needs with strong attention to detail
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and use appropriate safety equipment
- Drafting communication construction plan-sets for permit submittals
- As-Builting work of finished product to be submitted to customers
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Must have 2 valid forms of ID (driver's license, social security card, birth certificate, passport), we use E-verify to check your right to work in the US
Must have at least 2 verifiable references
Must supply an employment driver's abstract upon hire. This can be obtained by visiting your local Department of Licensing office or on the web at: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dsdiadr/
We are a family company and offer company events throughout the year. Such as our Cannon Summer Picnic, Annual Kick Off Event and our Fall Food Drive. We promote from within when ever possible and believe we are only as strong as our team! Cannon Companies offers a full and robust benefits package for employees the first of the month following 60 days of employment. These benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, company paid short term and long term disability and life insurance with the opportunity for employees to purchase additional coverage through payroll deductions. Paid Time Off accrued weekly.
Cannon Companies provides copper and fiber inside/outside plant data networks for corporations and government agencies around the world. Cannon is a proven leader in the industry because of our commitment to Safety, Quality, Integrity, and Teamwork. These core values are the foundation for every project and have become the cornerstones that guide our company. We offer the latest technology furnished by certified installers and technicians who are dedicated to providing the very best service available. Cannon is located at 406 Porter Way, Milton, WA 98354.
Please do not call regarding this position. Cannon Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cannon Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Upon job offer all Cannon Companies employees complete a drug screen and criminal background check. Cannon Companies is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program and confirms employment eligibility upon commencement of employment.
Please apply online at: https://cannonconstructioninc.applicantpro.com/jobs/