Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager I
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Benedict House
- USD $17.76/Hr.
$17.76 - $22.20 HR/DOE
Benedict House is an innovative program that provides emergency shelter and transitional housing with supportive services for single homeless men and homeless men with children. This unique program incorporates two elements of the Continuum of care model emergency housing and transitional housing. The underlying purpose is to help residents rebuild their lives and to move them towards permanent housing, the third element in the model. Residents may stay for a period of up to 90 days in an emergency bed, up to 1 year in a transitional bed.
The Case Manager (CM) plays an integral role as one of the staff members of the Benedict House (BH), a division of Catholic Community Services. The Benedict House provides Emergency and Transitional housing for the homeless men of Kitsap County. The position has several primary duties. Due to the complex and diverse needs of the homeless population, the CM identifies those who have needs of an expert community liaison who can act as an advocate in strategizing in how to best meet the needs of the residents of Benedict House. The CM will work under the direction of the BH Supervisor.
This position maintains a caseload of men staying in the Emergency Shelter Benedict House. This includes developing and implementing client-defined, goal-oriented plans, assessing and the needs of homeless men utilizing resources to meet identified individuals needs with the ultimate goal of obtaining and keeping permanent housing.
- Conduct initial screenings / Intakes, assessments strengths and identify the need for support services as needed.
- Provide case management for residents staying in the Emergency Shelter at Benedict House.
- Network specialist – Know community and continue to build alliances with other services providers. To serve as a communication link with landlords and community agencies serving our residents.
- Coordinate services with other case managers and agencies in the community. In addressing barriers resident move towards obtaining housing.
- Meet regularly with residents to help develop a personal goal plan and identify the steps needed in order to move from homeless to self-sufficiency.
- Create plan of Action according to resident’s needs (education, employment, health care, finances, etc.).Coordinate with and make referral to appropriate community agencies.
- Maintain well organized, up-to-date case files.
Provide direct services to men as needed.
- Meet weekly or more often as needed with residents, to monitor goals and update personal goal plans.
- Provide crisis intervention with residents as necessary.
- Respond as needed by cell phone
Works closely with Compass CM to plan curriculum of life skill and employment related programs to homeless men in Benedict House.
- Collaborate with staff on pertinent topics, available community resource, scheduling of workshops and other matters in support of client services.
- Encourage the policy of residents participating in all of the life skill workshops.
- Lead Weekly resident meetings, planning discussion on a weekly, daily basis/ teaching subjects, and coordination person/ agency presenting materials.
Provide records and reports.
- Keep accurate and timely case management notes.
- Keep organized and confidential records.
- Participate in weekly case management meetings and provide case summaries and client status information.
- Prepare monthly reports to include case summaries and statistical information.
Attend meetings as necessary and represent Benedict House, CCS.
- Attend monthly CoCC meeting and coordinate networking with supervisor.
- Attend monthly resident meetings 2x month at Benedict House. Attend other meetings as required by supervisor or as identified.
This employee accomplishes responsibility by completing the following tasks:
- Meet the needs of the residents of the Benedict House and take them to meet with the agency representatives to assess their qualifications for services or need. This is to expedite services for residents thereby getting them situated with housing in a timely manner. This also goes for mental health, health, DSHS, social security services, SOAR, and other services that will be identified.
- It will be necessary to collect data to measure the outcomes and to assess for any other patterns that come from this activity. Data is necessary in order to build on the strengths of the program, and reassessing and making changes as needed.
- The CM is to be continually examining what resources are available and to continually keeping agency contacts active.
- The CM will be addressing needs of the men of the Benedict House.
House Monitoring Responsibilities
- Sees that the overall cleanliness of the Benedict House is maintained and overseeing the meal service when needed.
- Maintain nightly bed list.
- Overall with site monitors to assure smooth shift transition
- Provide consistent enforcement of program policies, procedures and rules for staff and clients.
- Maintain order and communicate/enforcement rules and policies
- Log in / out of residents.
- Record significant occurrences in logbook and in a professional manner.
- Initiate and model respectful interaction with residents.
- Facilitate nightly briefings with oncoming staff about shelter and client related issues and concerns.
- AA in human Services field or 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience providing services to low-income/no-income residents.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and promote a positive team spirit.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including excellent oral and written community’s skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and database experience.
- Able to drive van and transport residents to their needed appointments.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and provide current auto registration.
- Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS’ driving policy, (required to provide current driving abstract)
- Proof of negative TB test upon hire or proof of test within past 12 months.
- Ability to work with a divers spectrum of high-need individuals
- The CM will work in a flexible environment and must be a self starter.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- BA/BS Degree in Human Service field
- Experienced case management.
- Knowledge of Kitsap social services and other community resources.
- Experience with transitional housing and other housing issues.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.