Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On Call Receptionist
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- USD $16.80/Hr.
$16.80 - $17.80 HR/DOE
The Receptionist is responsible for directing incoming calls for CCS Tahoma Center, greeting visitors, clients and staff, maintaining and updating community resource file and responding to inquiries for assistance, processing incoming and outgoing mail. This position provides clerical assistance to all Family Center programs as time allows.
**2 On Call positions**
- Provide a friendly inviting environment where visitors/clients and staff feel welcome.
- Greet visitors and staff, offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure visitors sign-in and out of the building, ensuring safety and security.
- Notify staff of visitors’ arrival and provide appropriate instructions to visitors.
- Assists visitors and staff with elevator use.
- Provide respectful professional assistance to all internal and external callers.
- Answer 16-line phone system directing caller to appropriate staff or refer to appropriate community resource.
- Maintain “out-of office” list to effectively inform callers of staff absences.
- Check after-hours voice mail and ensure messages reach their intended destination.
- Train relief staff and volunteers for emergency coverage
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the Family Center.
- Ensure the pick-up and delivery of mail from the post office box.
- Receive mail from the Postal carrier and distribute in a timely manner.
- Open, date stamp and sort mail into appropriate mail slots for program pick-up.
- Inform appropriate programs/staff of special deliveries and incoming faxes.
- Meter outgoing mail and prepare for delivery to the post office or pick up by Postal Carrier.
- Maintain postage machine and ensure adequate amount of postage to meet program demands. Run agency postage reports as required.
- Maintain folding machine and assist programs with folding projects as requested.
- Provide Resource Assistance to visitors seeking assistance.
- Maintain current community resource materials and respectfully provide to visitors as requested.
- Assist visitors in contacting resources as requested.
- Track Resource utilization and provide Director with monthly reports.
- Train and supervise Resource Volunteers.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Family Center.
- Update and display daily meeting and training room schedules for staff and visitors.
- Update employee phone list and departmental listings.
- Maintain staff vehicle identification log.
- Provide job announcements and applications for applicants.
- Keep monthly event display board current.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Lobby and Reception area.
- Provide clerical or other project assistance to Family Center programs as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned by Agency Director, Family Center Director, or HR Director.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional demeanor on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A desire to work with diverse populations.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance.
- Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS’ driving policy. (required to provide current driving abstract)
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.