Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shelter Program Generalist
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Homeless Adult Services
- USD $17.48/Hr.
$17.48 - $20.10 HR/DOE
Catholic Community Services, Homeless Adult Services (HAS) is the largest provider of adult homeless services in Tacoma, Washington. Nativity House (NH), a program of HAS, is the central hub to serve homeless adults in the Pierce County region. It operates 24-hour/7-day a week, offering services (emergency shelter, meals, systematic outreach, Rapid Rehousing, Mental Health and Co-Occurring Disorder treatment, Employment Services, Spiritual Support, 50 units of permanent supportive housing, etc.) to meet the basic needs of individuals experiencing chronic homelessness guests with meeting their goals.
Staff in this position provide supervision, program structure, behavior management and a wide range of basic needs services, as well as more advanced social services. This includes helping guests navigate a myriad of social service agencies, forms and interviews. Staff are trained in behavior management, basic case services, as well as Motivational Interviewing and other counseling skills.
***1 Graveyard position 30 hours per week Friday – Monday 12am – 8am***
*** 1 Evening position 22.50 hours per week Monday, Thursday and Friday 3pm-11pm/4pm - 12am***
- Monitor in and out traffic at the front door and outside of the facility on the main campus.
- Respond to disruptive behavior (includes fights, drug dealing, etc.).
- Provide behavioral management for a diverse population including individuals with chemical dependency and/or mental health issues. This includes setting limits, encouraging desired behaviors, assigning consequences and helping people think through their actions and decisions.
- Write timely and behaviorally descriptive Ban Reports when guests exhibit disruptive behavior.
- Respond to guests who are in crisis or having medical emergencies.
- Provide services, resources, and information to guests.
- Develop supportive relationship with guests by using motivational interviewing strategies, providing an informal listening ear for guests experiencing difficulties.
- Work in the different program service areas such as clothing room, long term storage, office, and kitchen.
- Work collaboratively with the other Nativity House staff, mental health team and social worker to promote behavioral changes in guests.
- Participate in multidisciplinary case staffing meetings as needed to coordinate services for guests.
- Wash and fold laundry (bed linens and towels) as needed.
- Maintain the daily schedule for each program. This may include wake up times, meal times, check-in times and bedtimes.
- Maintain written and computerized records.
- Communicate with other team members throughout the shift to make sure everything is done, and everyone is aware of any ongoing issues.
- Assists with end of the day clean up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s card within first 3 months of employment.
- Experience working with diverse populations including people with active mental health and chemical dependency issues is a plus.
- Possess good verbal and written communication.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Ability to provide a negative TB test.
- Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS’ driving policy, (required to provide current driving abstract).
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile Insurance.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
Please go to https://careers-ccsww.icims.com/
to submit your resume, cover letter and application for this position