Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Benedict House
- USD $16.65/Hr.
Benedict House offers emergency and transitional housing for single homeless men and homeless men in Kirsap County. Consisting of 24 beds and two respite room. Benedict House also provides case management, meals, and other essential supports for residents.
The Site Monitor is responsible for the nightly management of Benedict House. This position works under the direction of the Program Supervisor to assure all program goals and objectives are met. This position is responsible for any after hour emergencies that may require management oversight or input.
*** GRAVEYARD PT POSITION AVAILABLE***
$16.65 - $19.14 HR/DOE
- Assures Benedict House is set-up and ready to open, including facilities upkeep and overseeing meal service.
- Overlap with Site Monitors to assure smooth shift transition.
- Provide consistent enforcement of program policies, procedures and rules for staff and clients.
- Informs appropriate personnel of problems with operation of appliances, plumbing, heating and electrical systems to ensure site remains safe and operational.
Maintain order and communicate/enforce rules and policies.
- Log in /out residents.
- Maintain Nightly Bed List.
- Record significant occurrences in logbook in a professional manner.
- Initiate and model respectful interactions with residents.
- Facilitate night briefings on staff, shelter and client issues and concerns.
- Assist with wake-ups and morning cleanup.
Maintain an atmosphere conducive to a good night’s rest.
- Ensure temperature is at a comfortable degree.
- Monitor multi-purpose room, sleeping area and bathrooms to maintain safety and security of residents and premises
Maintain vacuuming, laundry, general cleaning schedule
- Daily vacuum multi-purpose room, laundry, and all Benedict House entrances, including elevator and front lobby.
- Weekly wash/dry bedding and towels
- Weekly distribution bedding and towels
- Weekly cleaning floors in multi-purpose room, elevator, laundry room and kitchen
- Weekly cleaning shower/bathroom, laundry room and all toilets
- Weekly cleaning kitchen appliances
- Provide information on social / health services to clients as requested.
- Work with and support volunteer staff.
- Attends monthly staff meetings or other meetings as needed, retreats, and in-service trainings.
- Uphold and model the mission, values and insights of Catholic Community Services into all aspects of work life.
- Develops and supports a positive team oriented work environment.
- Assist volunteers in special tasks and projects
- Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor
- Prepare dinner meal for shelter residents if volunteers are not available.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in social service is desirable; personal experience and understanding of homeless population may be substituted.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range varying behaviors.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Willingness and ability to make sound judgments without onsite supervision
- Work history, which demonstrates reliability and dependability.
- Provide adequate shift coverage.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and provide current auto registration.
- Must have a valid food handler’s permit.
- Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS’ driving policy, (required to provide current driving abstract)
- Proof of negative TB test upon hire or proof of test within past 12 months.
- Committed to developing and safekeeping a workplace that values and supports a positive team orientated work environment.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations
- A. in related field (e.g. social work, psychology or sociology)
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.