Central Garden & Pet Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Marketing Manager, eCommerce (Amazon)
at Central Garden & Pet Company
Calling all creative advertisers! Our Pet Segment is hiring an Associate Marketing Manager, eCommerce! This new position will be responsible for managing advertising activity on our Amazon team and will report to the Sr. Business Development Manager.
This position will manage paid search and display activity on Amazon, coordinating between agency partners, national brand strategy, and the Amazon sales team. It will also play a strong role integrating consumer advertising insights back into our brand plans. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with Amazon Advertising, strong project management skills, and the ability to quickly interpret data into actionable insights.
This important position will be based from our pet-friendly field sales office in Seattle, WA! To learn more about Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) and our pet, lawn and garden brands, please see our website at www.central.com. Full-time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Development and execution of advertising plans to meet or exceed the Amazon team’s sales targets. Coordinate with agencies, sales team, and brand managers to align advertising plans with new item launches, promotional plans, and retail strategies.
- Manage and maintain paid search/display budgets, aligning spend plans with sales volume
- Own agency relationship through quarterly budget setting, monthly strategy alignment, and weekly execution
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis of Point-of-Sale (POS), advertising and other internal data to develop recommendations with specific action plans on how to improve volume and share growth. Key examples of analysis include promotional activity, shift in consumer behavior, etc.
- Develop, generate and present key performance indicators (KPIs) and key reports for business unit leadership, marketing and sales teams. Proactively assess and execute opportunities to improve data usage
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners such as brand marketing, digital marketing, sales, and finance
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing and the competitive landscape
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree required in a business discipline
- 2+ years of relevant eCommerce/Advertising Experience
- 4+ years of Experience working in a consumer-packaged goods (CPG), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), consumer durables industry, and/or Retail strongly preferred
- Expert level Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience in the use of syndicated e-Commerce data (Nielsen or Amazon)
- Strong quantitative ability and comfort with providing data driven guidance and recommendations
- Communication and storytelling skills: must be able to covey a compelling argument using data and analytics
- Ability to work cross-functionally and transversely across the organization with minimal supervision or oversight
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to deadlines, accuracy and professionalism
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Minimal business travel required; between 5-10%
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.