Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coding Trainer Compliance II
at CHI Franciscan
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
This position is responsible for implementing the daily coding, billing compliance and auditing functions of FMG. The coding compliance educator supports the coordinators in conducting research, recommending and updating standard policies and procedures, and developing training materials. These standards are in adherence with applicable federal and state law, and the program requirements of federal, state and private health plans. The coding compliance educator monitors provider E/M profiles and conducts audits and education to ensure appropriate reimbursement and compliance with all regulatory guidance. This position is responsible for identifying compliance issues and analyzing practice patterns and recommending changes to policies and procedures. The coding compliance educator supports the implementation of necessary changes with clinical departments through education of providers and staff. The coding compliance educator maintains the accuracy and completeness of provider audits in the auditing software application. This position meets regularly with the coordinator and Supervisor of Coding and Billing Compliance to ensure risks are identified and prioritized across the revenue cycle function.
- Provide coding education to physicians and their support staff in their designated clinics.
- Develops and maintains charge slips to reflect accurate coding.
- Conducts research to update: educational materials for providers and coding specialists and standard policies and procedures.
- Performs audits and provide feedback and education in accordance to Coding Compliance Audit and Monitoring Work Plan.
- Interprets changes in the external regulatory environment and stays current with coding updates. Assists coordinator in developing and updating FMG policies and training materials based on trends and risk areas. Plans and conducts on-going training with physicians and support staff.
- Responds to questions from providers, managers, billing office and others relating to CPT and ICD-9-CM coding, rules & regulations, reimbursement, and documentation requirements.
- Maintains project work lists and meets deadlines.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Education/ Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-4 years experience in ICD-9-CM and CPT coding in acute care or ambulatory care setting required
- 2 years experience in professional fee coding and documentation auditing required
- 2 years experience in provider education and training required
- Experience in providing group education preferred
- Coding certification through AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P) or the AAPC (CPC) required
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) preferred