City of Auburn, Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Auburn, Washington
- Position Details
This is a temporary position in the Parks, Arts & Recreation Division (4-20 hrs/week). The focus of this position is to oversee the facilities rented for events. This position may also oversee/coordinate the requirements of that event pertaining to the facility and rental agreement. Position requires a great deal of customer service both before and during the event.
- Primary Duties
- Ensures facility is prepared for the event in accordance with the rental agreement.
- Meets with the renter prior to the event to make sure expectations are agreed upon.
- Reports any issues to the appropriate Parks, Arts & Recreation staff member in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with the renter/designee throughout the event to insure necessary requirements are completed; corrects issues as they are identified.
- Opens, closes and secures facility; upon departure, ensures facility is left in an appropriate state of cleanliness and repair.
- Maintains and accounts for equipment.
- Enforces department rules, regulations, and policies.
- Work schedule will be evenings and weekends.
- Effectively represents the department with the public and program participants.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Attends training sessions required by the department.
- May be required to perform First Aid and CPR.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Works effectively under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Completes work and projects in a thorough and timely manner.
- Understands and follows directions from supervisor, posted work rules and procedures.
- Works courteously and effectively with the public, public officials, citizens, vendors, supervisor, and other employees, both in person and over the telephone, assisting them with a wide variety of information.
- Shows initiative in performing job functions.
- Performs other work related tasks as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking highly desirable.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- First Aid and CPR certification may be required.
- Additional Information
Works both indoors and outdoors. Occasionally required to stand and reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift or move up to 35 pounds. May visit job sites that required walking on uneven, rocky, or rough ground. Position required mental acuity to ensure thorough mental analysis of situations in a fast-paced environment. Employee is required to maintain confidentiality of information within the department. The employee may be required to deal with irate, disgruntled individuals requiring the use of conflict management skills. Employee is required to maintain professional composure and tact, patience and courtesy at all times.