City of Kent
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Basketball Official
at City of Kent
Pay: $12 to $14.50/hour
Salary : $12.00 - $14.50 Hourly
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2597327
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Youth Basketball Official|
|Closing Date/Time:||Wed. 12/11/19 5:05 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$12.00 - $14.50 Hourly|
|Location:||220 4th Ave. S., Kent, Washington|
Youth Basketball OfficialThis position is open until December 11, 2019 or until the positions are filled, whichever occurs first.
(15 positions available)
Hours: 3 hrs. to 6 hrs. per week from January through the beginning of March; training dates for this opportunity are in December
Under direct supervision of Recreation Coordinator, Youth Basketball Officials are responsible for facilitating and officiating the youth basketball league January through the beginning of March. Youth basketball games are primarily on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:|
Youth Basketball Official duties include the ability to:
1. Control games in a confident and appropriate manner
2. Ensure all participants comply with league rules
3. Make and sell calls with confidence and knowledge of league rules
4. Assist in emergency procedures
5. Make sure teams have appropriate equipment, etc.
6. Keep records including, but not limited to, incident/accident reports, timecards, and communication with the Recreation Coordinator
7. Perform other duties as assigned
|Education, Experience and Other Requirements:|
This position requires the ability to interact positively as an effective member of a working team. Basketball official positions require knowledge of the game and/or a background in sports officiating.
Applicants must pass a Washington State Patrol Criminal History background check.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Must be 14 years of age or older by November 18, 2019
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!