Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director | Islands Home Health | Anacortes, WA
at Ensign Services
About Cornerstone Healthcare
Cornerstone is one of the most dynamic and progressive companies in the rapidly expanding home health, hospice, and home care industries. Affiliates of Cornerstone now operate 27 home health, hospice, or home health and hospice agencies across eleven states and we expect this growth to continue. These agencies have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the "Service Center," a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual agencies. You can learn more about Cornerstone Healthcare, Inc. at www.cornerstonehhh.com
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the overall financial operations of the home health/hospice agency.
* Maintain full responsibility of the overall functions of the financial areas and cost controls, adhere to financial and accounting policies and procedure and manage expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Take action, make decisions and shape team priorities to achieve agency operational goals.
* Ensure effective and on-going, on-the-job training of team members, evaluate, record individual and team performance, provide coaching and counseling and make appropriate developmental recommendations.
* Establish criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity or service.
* Meet or exceed budgeted revenue and EBITDA on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations and the agency's policies and procedures.
* Partner with Marketer to develop approaches that best position services or ideas in the marketplace.
* Partner with Leadership Team to develop and implement comprehensive business development plans for the agency.
* Organize information/data to identify/explain major trends, problems and causes; Compare and combine information to identify underlying issues. Generate actions to achieve long-range goals.
* Keep abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements through activities such as participating in State Associations and reviewing industry publications.
* Support other Executive Directors (Cluster Partners) in peer-leadership cluster model.
* Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent.
* Minimum 3 years healthcare operations management (or experience).
* Prior experience with budgetary responsibilities including budget development and monitoring
* Broad knowledge of home health and hospice federal and state regulations/administration
* Outstanding leadership, managerial skills, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, excellent problem-solving, decision-making and assertiveness skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical with HSA, dental, vision, life & AD&D insurance plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, sick and holiday pay, as well as an unlimited vacation plan.
Location: Anacortes, WA
Don’t meet all the qualifications?
Inquire about our Administrator-in-Training (AIT) program. The AIT program is a full-time paid training program that varies in length and curriculum based on level of experience. AITs receive practical on-the-job training in a home health & hospice environment under the direct supervision of an experienced
Cornerstone Healthcare, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pre-employment criminal background screening required.
About The Ensign Group
We are proud to be affiliated with The Ensign Group, Inc., an organization formed in 1999 with the goal of establishing a new level of quality care within the health care industry. The name "Ensign" is synonymous with a "flag" or a "standard," and refers to a goal of setting the standard by which all others are measured. We share this vision and our core values with other health care providers affiliated with The Ensign Group, such as skilled nursing, assisted living, urgent care and mobile diagnostics. We all believe that through our efforts, we can achieve a new level of client care and professional competence and set a new industry standard for quality home health and hospice services. You can learn more about The Ensign Group at www.ensigngroup.net
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.