Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) | Islands Home Health | Anacortes, WA
at Ensign Services
The speech-language pathologist is responsible for implementation of standards of care for speech language pathology services and for adherence to all conditions in the Service Agreement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech-language therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must have a master's or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology and be licensed in the state where practicing; if licensure is not required, the speech-language pathologist must have completed or be in the process of completing 350 clock hours of supervised clinical practice experience.
- A minimum of one year's clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Islands Home Health
2601 M Avenue, Suite B,
Anacortes, WA 98221
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.