Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse | Columbia River Home Health | Kennewick, WA
at Ensign Services
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs/coordinates home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and initiates the plan of care and assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s);
- Initiates proper preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures and provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care;
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
- Provides patient and caregiver education;
- Prepares clinical notes;
- Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current home health plan of care.
Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Participating in the HHA's quality assessment and performance improvement program and HHA-sponsored in-service training.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)/ Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) and/or Home Health Aids (HHAs)/Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), as directed.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must have graduated from an approved school of nursing and be licensed in the state where practicing.
- Minimum of two years of experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.