Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Receptionist - Float Pool
at EverGreen HealthCare
Work Hours: 24
FLOAT POSITION: This position will work in EMG clinics as needed. Traveling required; reimbursed for mileage. Must have a valid WA State Driver's License. Minimum one year medical office experience and strong customer service skills required. Multi line phone and electronic scheduling experience desired. Shift Hours: vary.
Greets patients/visitors at the desk, verifies insurance benefits, registers patient, schedules patient appointments, answers phones and directs calls. Provides general clerical and administrative support to the MS or Parkinson's staff as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs daily administrative duties including calling patients, handling patient requests, answering phones, pulling and preparing charts, filing, faxing, and copying.
2. Follows procedures for new and established patients, verifies information, L&I and referrals, collects payments, explains insurance billing requirements and provides receipts.
3. Verifies/completes medical records for daily visits, ensuring necessary forms are in the chart.
4. Gathers patient information and prepares patient chart for office visits.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
High School graduate or equivalent
Knowledge of clinical/medical front office procedures
Communication/public relations skills and flexible who relates well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
DESIRED for the position:
Medical Receptionist related work experience
Proficiency in basic medical terminology
Knowledge of medical records confidentiality