Fenwick & West LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fenwick & West LLP
Job Description Summary:We have an immediate opportunity in our Seattle office for a Litigation Legal Secretary.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and Best Authority.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and collegiality.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively and tackle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent word processing and formatting skills using Word.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Understanding of court rules, procedures and calendaring preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional overtime, to meet client and Firm needs.
The ideal candidate will have litigation support experience in a professional services environment and the willingness to learn how to independently eFile documents in accordance with the Federal Court’s rules. Patent litigation and federal courts experience a plus.
For more than four decades, Fenwick & West has helped some of the world’s most recognized companies become, and remain, market leaders. From emerging enterprises to large public corporations, our clients are leaders in the technology, life sciences and cleantech sectors and are fundamentally changing the world through rapid innovation.
Having worked alongside such progressive and cutting edge companies for so long, our culture has come to reflect the entrepreneurial spirit of our client base. Unlike traditional law firms, we move at our clients’ speed and have earned the reputation as a go-to law firm for growing companies that need insightful, strategic counsel to help tackle the challenging issues that arise when the law cannot keep up with their pace of innovation.
With the same passion for excellence and innovation reflected in our client base, our firm is making revolutionary changes to the practice of law through substantial investments in proprietary technology tools and processes. Our clients demand—and deserve—new ways to receive best-in-class legal services more effectively. At Fenwick, we are proud to be shaping our legal services to do just that. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
Fenwick & West LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as such, conducts all employment-related activities without regard to unlawful consideration of race, religion, color, marital status, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, gender, genetic characteristics or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal employment discrimination laws. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all.
We accept submissions by agency recruiters when a fee agreement has been established between the firm and the agency. Agency recruiters, please submit candidates here.