Glacier Park, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BARTENDER/COCKTAIL SERVER (Glacier NP)
at Glacier Park, Inc.
- Location : Location
- US-MT-Glacier National Park
- Job ID
Bartenders are responsible for the setup, maintenance and operation of the bar. Provide exceptional food & beverage services for guests. Demonstrate commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Reports to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Prepares assigned work station and is ready to assist others when needed.
- Maintains highest quality standards in regard to alcohol service, sanitation and safety.
- Maintains effective lines of communication between manager, kitchen and staff.
- Greets and informs guests of promotions.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Maintains effective portion controls in the bar using established pouring methods.
- Responsible for following federal and state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Provides food & beverage services to guests.
- Keeps all water and beverage glasses filled as needed or requested.
- Presents check immediately after service or within an appropriate amount of time.
- Collects currency and gives receipt with every transaction.
- Keeps bar and service stations neat and clean throughout service.
- Takes part in all sales goals and incentive programs.
- Makes yes-yes choices available to the guest.
- Participates in on-going employee training.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
- Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Handles guest concerns in a professional manner.
- Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
- Completes daily paperwork.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments or with other duties as required.
This list of duties is intended to be representative of many of the tasks associated with this role. However, Pursuit and The Glacier Park Collection reserve the right to modify, add, remove, orotherwise change duties at their discretion based on the needs of the business.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 1-2 years’ Bartending experience required.
- Hospitality computer systems experience desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Experience with seasonal bar/restaurant operations helpful.
- Must possess in-depth, working knowledge of service standards.
- Efficient knowledge in kitchen operations, cooking and timing expected.
- Able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be able to multi-task and take direction.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a solid attention to detail.
- Must bring a keen eye for detail, organization, safety and cleanliness to improve GPC.
- Must bring a positive, helpful, team-oriented, “we can do this together” attitude to all aspects of the job that inspires others.
- Must exhibit a real curiosity about the business for not only F&B, but also GPC and for Pursuit overall.
- Must ask good questions and drill down into details to improve the business.
- Must process information quickly and take initiative to recommend solutions to F&B challenges.
- Must stay cool under pressure by being resilient, adaptable and flexible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Montana and must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Clean, orderly and safe hotel bar and dining area in a National Park setting and/or historic hotel.
- Fast paced Food & Beverage environment.
- Position requires flexible scheduling, including evenings, late nights, holidays and weekends.
- Job requires constant walking, bending, kneeling, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 25+ lbs. and repetitive motions.
- Occasional lifting of product in excess of 50lbs. may be required.
- Non-smoking environment.