Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
Goodfellow Bros. LLC (GBI) is a large heavy/civil contractor with operations throughout the Western United States. We are a family-owned, fourth generation company and have been in business for over 98 years. GBI has always maintained that our employees are our greatest assets. We are currently looking to fill the position of Equipment Controller, based out of our Wenatchee, Washington office.
The Wenatchee Corporate Office is located in Central Washington and employs roughly 45 employees. This office provides accounting, payroll and other financial support to the regional offices on the Mainland and Hawaii.
Position Summary - The Equipment Controller is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of accounting and financial data related to our equipment operations, the underlying systems and processes in place to collect the data and subsequent analysis. The Equipment Controller is responsible for all systems and processes which affect the collection and reporting of equipment data. The Equipment Controller will support and advise the Equipment Superintendent with financial planning and analysis, leading department process improvement as well as the point of contact from our regional teams regarding equipment data, processes, software, etc.
- Business Partner and Financial support to the Shop department senior management and staff
- Provide accurate, timely and actionable data/information to the Equipment Superintendent for review of shop/equipment performance
- Lead the shop staff in continuous improvement efforts on all shop processes
- Identify, define and implement lean initiatives and quality tools and techniques within the department
- Streamline processes and maintain flow charts and training documents relating to equipment accounting processes
- Review, evaluate and recommend costing methodology for purchased, leased and rented equipment. Perform analysis on equipment utilization, rental equipment, repairs, etc.
- Partner with Regions to enhance knowledge of Shop accounting, creating an understanding of how to generate value to the overall company and regional profitability
- Responsible for all Property, Plant, Equipment and Shop accounting
- Manage and reconcile all equipment/shop related GL accounts
- Analyze, manage, review and distribute equipment reports, including shop financial statements, ensuring accuracy and reconciliation of data being distributed.
- Oversee intercompany billings for equipment usage
- Manage all fixed asset schedules
- Oversee and manage all equipment settings and setups within Vista
- Review and record all equipment leases and financing documents
- Review and approve all equipment tax and regulation filings/reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Four-year Accounting or Finance Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Analyst area
- Leadership positions, strong cost accounting knowledge
- Must have strong computer/data skills utilizing Excel, ERPs and other software as required
- Process improvement experience
- Project management skills
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Accountability – Ability to be willing to accept responsibility
- Accuracy – Ability for work to be correct and error free within company policies and guidelines
- Analytical Skills – CRITICAL - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to understand a situation or problem by identifying patterns or connections between ideas or situations that are not obviously related; to recognize and organize the parts of an issue in a systematic way
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Financial Aptitude – Ability to understand and explain accounting information, prepare and manage budgets and make sound long-term investment decisions
- Leadership – Ability to motivate and guide others in a matrix environment to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Persistence – Ability to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective and critical investigation
- Systems Analysis – Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.