Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cashier I - Moses Lake, WA - Full &/or Part-time/Hourly
at Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest
- Retail - 206
- Moses Lake, WA, USA
- $13.50 p/h
- Full or part-time
NOTE: Please apply early, as this job posting is subject to removal before the deadline if sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Thank you.
Cashiers provide the retail store with essential register operations, excellent customer service, and sales floor functions. Assist facility management in store operations by performing assigned tasks. Part-time positions may be available with some benefits. Must pass background and credit check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest directives, rules, policies, procedures, and departmental and organizational standards.
- Perform opening tasks, including cleaning glass cases, cleaning counters, straightening cash wrap (cashier work station), and stocking supplies for the cash wrap.
- Perform register closing duties, including accurately counting down register, processing supporting detail paperwork, and completing required cashier reconciliation. Ensure register till and deposits are properly secured.
- Pull and stock merchandise as directed.
- Collect cash, check, or charge payments from customers and make change for cash.
- Provide cash receipts to customers.
- Operate the POS cash register system in a knowledgeable, efficient and accurate (accountable for shortages and overages) manner according to proper procedures including employee purchases, and charges.
- Pack customer purchase in bags or cartons.
- Assist with customer service at adjacent work stations, if applicable.
- Remove clothes from dressing rooms and rehang them on racks.
- Remove merchandise stock from sales floor to back room.
- Answer telephone and provide announcements on paging system, as needed.
- Perform other merchandise stocking duties as assigned.
- Represent the company by providing excellent customer service.
- Ensure recovery and merchandising expectations are met in accordance with standards
- Must successfully complete Cashier Training.
- Other related duties as assigned.