Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Administrator 2 in Tacoma, WA at Harris Rebar
at Harris Rebar
Provide administrative assistance to the Branch by performing at a competent level several of the essential support functions necessary for the operation of the branch. Tasks are less repetitive in nature and of moderate complexity and may include Human Resources support, production scheduling/shipping, inventory support, inside sales support, and basic accounting/bookkeeping support. This individual is expected to perform functions effectively with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
• Assist with answering phones and general office administration functions.
• Report weekly payroll hours.
• Communicate/distribute all pertinent Human Resources information to location employees.
• Assist with maintenance of record keeping including safety, worker compensation, etc.
• Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to Human Resources and payroll issues.
• Assist with administrative safety activities including the completion of first reports, accident investigations and other reports as needed.
• Assist sales/estimating staff in the preparation of sales bids and project quotations.
• Assist with sales follow-up and reporting.
• Coordinate shop production schedule with the Shop Supervisor and detailers to maximize efficiency and minimize costs.
• Arrange trucking with approved freight companies and schedule deliveries.
• Develop exceptional working relationships with customers and vendors.
• Prepare and record necessary paperwork.
• Assist with basic accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks.
• Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• Must have a high school diploma, GED or local/state equivalent
• Three years of experience in an office environment
• Two year degree from an accredited school or college
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and math skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Able to coordinate multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• Typical office activities
• Walking, sitting, standing, bending
• Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
• Lifting/handling computers and related equipment.
• Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar’s selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department (508-377-1135.) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.