Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We are seeking a strong leader with insurance product management experience for a Product Management role. The position includes responsibility for reviewing and overseeing our homeowners products for 3-5 states. The candidate would report to a Regional Product Manager.
The Product Manager & Assistant Actuary is part of the Product Management leadership team and will work with the Regional Product Managers on a regular basis to provide updates on performance and product innovations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to interact with a variety of business and process leaders in the organization (Government Affairs, Compliance, IT Leadership, Partner Management, Operations, Claims, etc.) and the broader American Family community.
This position may supervise a few analysts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
1. State Management: The Product Manager & Assistant Actuary is responsible for conducting reviews of rates, rules, underwriting, and product offerings in states where Homesite writes business and making recommendations based on those reviews. These reviews consist of:
- Ability to use Actuarial methods to develop and oversee rate filings at a state level to ensure Homesite is priced appropriately across all products and segments
- Understand profitability on a state basis, and what actions can be taken to improve performance
- Analyzing at a state level, whether the company is selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right price
2. Contribute to the development of new products: The Product Manager & Assistant Actuary may participate in the identification and implementation of new products with analytical support and developing creative and cutting-edge proposals
3. Functional Expertise: Become an expert in insurance content matters that cut across Homeowners products
4. Supervise a few business oriented actuaries and analysts: Manage and develop analysts to grow talent and increase productivity
1. Relevant Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance
2. Exams: Passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial exams and desire to achieve Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
3. Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree is preferred, but not required
4. Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan
5. Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
6. Analytical Rigor: Analyze state performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements
7. Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media
8. Management Experience: Experience overseeing and leading the work of a group of people is preferred
9. Team Player: The candidate will need to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader
10. Software Experience: Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Microstrategy, and/or other programming/data query/reporting knowledge, in addition, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with and influence both team members and management.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!