Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager I, Product Analysis, State Management
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We are seeking a strong leader with insurance product management experience to join our growing State Management organization. The position includes responsibility for reviewing our homeowners products for select states and partnering with the State Manager to plan and execute on actions to support the state(s) strategy. The candidate would report to the Regional Product Manager.
The Product Manager is part of the Product Management team and will work with the State Managers on a regular basis to provide updates on performance and recommendations for product improvements. This position offers an excellent opportunity to interact with a variety of business and process leaders in the organization (Government Affairs, Compliance, IT, Partner Management, Operations, Claims, etc.) and the broader American Family community.
This position may supervise 2-3 analysts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
State Management: The Product Manager is responsible for conducting reviews of rates, rules, underwriting, and product offerings in states where Homesite writes business and making recommendations based on those reviews. These reviews consist of:
- Analyzing the drivers of profitability, including loss ratios, actuarial rate indications, frequency/severity trends, conversion, retention, and other data;
- Developing and overseeing rate filings at a state level to ensure Homesite is priced appropriately across all products and segments;
- Recommending actions to achieve the state’s profitability and growth goals;
- Analyzing at a state level, whether the company is selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right price through the analysis of competitive intelligence data
Countrywide or cross functional projects: The Product Manager may participate in or lead larger-scale, countrywide projects in partnership with other analysts and Product Managers.
Functional Expertise: Become an expert in insurance content matters that cut across Homeowners products
Supervise analysts and business-oriented actuarial students: Manage and develop analysts to grow talent and increase productivity;
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance
- Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree, CPCU designation, or completion of some CAS actuarial exams is preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Analytical Rigor: The ability to use data to thoroughly analyze business problems and recommend solutions; Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media
- Management Experience: Experience overseeing and leading the work of a group of people is preferred
- Team Player: The candidate will need to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader
- Software Experience: Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required; knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Microstrategy, and/or other programming/data query/reporting is strongly preferred
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with and influence both team members and management.
Homesite is a fast-paced, fast-growing insurance company with presence in Boston and Seattle. At Homesite:
- Everyone makes a difference: All levels of our organization make a significant and direct impact and clearly see how their work ties to Homesite goals.
- We have awesome talent: We are a fun, smart, collaborative team that likes to learn new technology and be innovative in our approach to solving problems.
- We are invested in your growth: Analysts at all levels have opportunities to work on special projects and interact with senior leaders.
- We have fun at work: We believe that work should be fun. From summer socials, to team lunches, to department-wide trivia contests, we strive to incorporate fun in our day-to-day. And we have free pizza on Fridays!
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!