Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Application Developer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Due to growth at Homesite, we are currently seeking an intelligent, analytical, energetic individual to join our IT group. Java Developers will be engaged in custom application configuration, development, software package customizations, and software maintenance. Development work will include application development on Microservices, and various services tier systems in a J2EE platform hosted on Cloud.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with project managers and software engineers
- Knowledge and experience with software development lifecycles
- Actively participates in design discussions, coding and code reviews
- Eager to learn new things and share ideas
- Comfortable with agile software development
- Designs simple, elegant and extensible architecture
- Delivers solutions capable of handling large traffic loads
- Validates and tests code deliverables
- Debugs and troubleshoots issues efficiently
- Expertise with enterprise development using JAVA
- Includes unit testing (JUNIT) as part of the standard development process
- Keeps up-to-date on industry standards, trends and popular libraries
- Work with limited supervision and technical guidance
- Comfortable working with developers in an offshore location
Required Skills, Abilities and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent, in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 5 + years of experience with design and development of web-based applications
- 5 + years of experience with core JAVA technologies and libraries
- 3 + years of experience with J2EE technologies and frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate/ Other ORM, JPA, JAXB
- 3 + years of experience with SOAP and/or REST based web services and XML/JSON data transmission
- 3 + years of experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL/ Oracle)
- Experience with Microservices and/or Serverless architecture is preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), SOAP and RESTful web services
- Exposure/experience working with Amazon Web Services like: Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway.
- Experience with API Design and Documentation - Swagger or RAML.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!