MacKay Manufacturing Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staffing and HRIS Specialist
at MacKay Manufacturing Inc
- 06-Sep-2019 (PST)
- Corporate Administrative
- Spokane Valley, WA, USA
- Full Time
Primary responsibilities including staffing and management of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and Learning Management System (LMS). Secondary responsibilities include onboarding, benefits administration, performance management administration and company event planning.
- Staffing; perform recruiting, establish relationships with recruiters, post jobs, manage applicant flow, perform interviewing and tours, make hiring recommendations
- HRIS/LMS; assist with new implementations, system design planning, standards, ongoing upkeep, system enhancements, user training, user experience improvements
- New hire orientation; perform new hire orientation, complete required paperwork, setup new employee files and enter into timekeeping system
- Performance management; administration of review form process, assist supervisors with reviews, administer pay changes
- Assist in compliance; EEO requirements including EEO-1 and Vets100 reports, maintain up to date legal postings for applicants and employees, maintain employment applications and associated documents for compliant background screening
- Benefits; maintain current benefit documentation and make available to employees, administration of new hire benefits, COBRA and employee benefit changes
- Company events; assist in the planning and execution of company events including annual Holiday party, Halloween Party and Anniversary Party, and other monthly activities including lunches, desserts, sport outings, weight loss competitions, etc.
- Implement daily practices of Lean such as 5S, continuous improvement, and contribute to ongoing process efficiency
- Support and participate in department goals as well as company goals
- Look for opportunities to learn and share your knowledge and skills
- Treat others with respect and maintain a professional attitude
- Be honest in all dealings
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 (one) or more years' experience in an Human Resources related role preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field of study
- SHRM-CP or PHR professional HR certification preferred (or strong desire to obtain timely)
- Ability to build a positive and trusting rapport with employees and supervisors
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines in an organized manner
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow up
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact and always keep a cool head with employees, outside parties, and leadership
- Remain current on employment related laws, comp and benefit trends and industry best practices
- Intermediate computer navigation and software skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, online benefit reporting applications and timekeeping/HRIS software systems
Physical Demands, Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, requirements and specifications. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and participate in discussions with groups of peers, employees and customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as tolerance, fractions, and other measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.