Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McKinstry Co.
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Lead Assembler to join our team as a member of our growing Corporate division located in Spokane, Washington.
You're great at:
- Act as a team lead by assigning daily tasks, monitor teamwork performance, training staff, and assist in managing the staff
- Perform non-routine and routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
- Receive technical advice from a Manager or Engineering, and then is responsible for implementing the plan.
- Assist manufacturing manager in developing and implementing appropriate systems to measure department efficiencies, product quality, and performance.
- Fabricate, assemble, and perform testing procedures and shipments of various types of assembly configurations.
- Work with other team members to assist them to ensure that projects are correct, and schedules are met in a timely fashion for shipments to the client.
- Oversee movement and storage.
- Review subordinates work for technical adequacy and conformity with instructions.
- Develop or recommend schematics and/or designs of electrical drawings and parts lists, follow blueprints, building plans, and manuals.
- Measure, cut, and drill wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Perform quality control/analysis; inspect all products for quality and craftsmanship while maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- Perform low voltage testing.
- Work positively with co-workers.
- Assist with training compliance and employee development.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
- 2-years’ experience in a lead position preferred.
- Experience in the safe use of hand, power, and pneumatic tools properly, while adhering to the company’s safety policies and procedures required.
- Ability to perform basic math skills required.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly; self-starter/self-motivation required.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical assembly required.
- Ability to instruct as needed with clear communication required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions required.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production facility required.
- Forklift/moving equipment experience preferred.
- 12-24v electrical systems experience preferred
- Previous Assembly/Manual labor experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes the ability to: climb ladders (up to 12 feet), work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required and be "on-call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, equipment, moderate noise, fumes, and airborne particles.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.