Metro Parks Tacoma
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - Fitness
at Metro Parks Tacoma
- Job Description
Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator, this position is responsible for instructing and formatting safe and effective fitness classes.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Observe applicable safety requirements, use safety equipment provided, implement appropriate safety practices at all times and report immediately any unsafe working conditions or hazards.
- Essential Duties
• Teach youth/adult fitness classes and programs.
• Develop, coordinate and implement activities related to class.
• Familiarize fitness facility users with equipment.
• Market fitness classes/trainings to the community to encourage participation.
• Stress correct and safe methods when participating in fitness activities.
• Track class attendance at each class occurrence.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
• Must have current certification in your area of expertise.
• Must be knowledgeable in the area of fitness and body mechanics.
• One year of experience preferred.
• Must have good organizational and leadership skills.
• Valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Additional Information
HOURS: Hours and days may vary.
Recreational facility environment involving indoor and outdoor assignments.
Potential for emergency medical situations.
Walking, kneeling or crouching.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
METRO PARKS TACOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability or any other merit factor. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
MPT employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
MPT is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource (253) 305-1089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment is subject to a national background check.
This position is an at-will position with no written or implied contractual agreement.