Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
at Mortenson Construction
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Project Management
The Big Picture:
Are you passionate about construction, able to problem solve and generate creative solutions? Do you love leading and engaging teams to success?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager who will provide overall leadership direction to a project; including the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
About the Company:
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002… what are you waiting for?!
In this role, the Project Manager will:
- Manage the overall financial health of projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
- Manage subcontracts and suppliers for the project
- Oversee budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Manage Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and manage career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
- Manage change orders
- Determine when to submit to the owner or on-site representatives
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum six years of related commercial construction experience
- Ability to travel or relocate to support projects outside of the Greater Seattle area
- Exceptional Soft Skills are required
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Must be able to relocate or commute to support a project in Port Angeles, WA
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.