National Church Residences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apartment Property Manager
at National Church Residences
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Location : Address
- Deer Park Crossing
According to prescribed policies and procedures, under the general supervision of the Regional Vice President or Regional Director, the Property Manager assumes responsibility for operational and financial aspects of each assigned property and meeting company goals in those areas.
This is a part time position.
- Assumes responsibility for preparation of budgets and financial management of property(ies).
- Prepares and documents annual operating/capital improvement budgets requiring some review and revision from supervisor.
- Analyzes financial statement activities for assigned properties and acts to maintain operational performance within budget.
- Assumes responsibility for weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports for assigned properties, including budget preparation.
- Works with HUD, Contract Administrators, Owners, Asset Managers, Lenders, State Agencies and Boards of Directors to convey operational reports, budgets (both operational and capital) and seek appropriate approvals.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring property operates within HUD and LIHTC rules.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, fair housing laws, state landlord and tenant laws and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) section 42 rules. Operates within HUD guidelines and communicates directly with regulatory authorities (typically HUD, Contract Administrators and State Agencies) and owners in resolution of management issues.
- Prepares amendments, extensions and supporting schedules for maintaining rental assistance contracts (Section 8) and property management agreements.
- Ensures that waiting lists, resident files and other documentation complies with all HUD, LIHTC and applicable rules and regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining Occupancy levels and good owner and resident relations.
- Performs or oversees marketing and leasing functions to maintain budgeted or greater occupancy for the property.
- Implements effective resident retention programs, such as move-in and service follow up. Maintains good resident relations.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with owners, partners and Boards. Includes attendance at Board meetings, fulfilling any reporting requests and providing regular informational updates.
- Assumes responsibility for management of employees and property(ies).
- Supervises employees including time and attendance administration, performance evaluation and management including disciplinary documentation.
- Oversees maintenance of property and supervises maintenance employees. This should include daily visual inspections of the grounds and common areas to ensure all tasks are being assigned as directed, as well as periodic, random surveys to residents regarding work order completion satisfaction.
- Oversees Service Coordination function and supervises Service Coordinator.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, community leaders, owners, management, vendors, and service providers.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes required records and reports.
- Conducts resident meetings at least quarterly to maintain positive resident relations.
- Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws. Review leasing activities and practices to ensure they meet all applicable fair housing laws.
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner.
- Property operates at or above budgeted Net Operating Income.
- Property meets all Fair Housing Standards, Waiting List Standards, Qualification and Certification Rules. Maintains Tenant Files in organized manner. MOR score or State Agency Reviews are possible indicators.
- Yardi scores at or above company standards.
- Property is maintained properly – interior and exterior. REAC score or State Agency Review are possible indicators.
- Property meets or exceeds Occupancy standards. Reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences’ Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as measured.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One or more years of direct property management experience.
Skills/Abilities: Good written, verbal and electronic communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and internet which will be demonstrated by a passing score on a computer literacy test. Must have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: Valid driver’s license and able to meet National Church Residences’ motor vehicle policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.