Northwest Cascade Construction
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northwest Cascade Construction
- 02-Jul-2019 to 01-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Puyallup, WA, USA
- Full Time
Foreman - Heavy Civil Construction
Directs daily construction activities of heavy equipment operators and laborers working on company projects.
- Studies project specifications with project superintendent, plans construction activities based on project characteristics.
- Outlines and supervises daily activities of 2-15 heavy equipment operators and/or laborers through project duration. Adjusts work schedules as needed.
- Coordinates work assignments with superintendent to ensure safe work practices & deadlines are met.
- Proficiently sets grade for cuts and fills using grade rod, levels, transits, gps, etc. Communicates cut/fill depths to operators based on grade staking or project specifications.
- Works with supervisory personnel to resolve on site complaints and grievances within work force.
- Continually inspects assigned work area ensuring results meet or exceed project specifications.
- Inspects work site to determine proper sequencing of activities and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for crew safety. Conducts task training for new employees and advancing operators.
- Using Heavy Job collects, enters and transfers project information (employee & equipment hours, load counts, etc) to appropriate location (i.e. onsite computer, Corporate HQ).
- Travel to and from job sites.
- Operate heavy equipment as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five years supervising grading and excavation phases of heavy civil projects.
- Clean MVR required to drive company vehicles.
- Reads engineered drawings and project specifications and proficiently sets grade based on drawings.
- Must be able to properly understand construction plans and be able to properly follow field instructions.
- Must pass an initial drug screen and accept random drug testing practices.
- Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, handle objects, reach outward, and reach above head and shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, bend, and occasionally lift /carry/push/pull/move/drag on flat ground or steep slopes up to 50 lbs.
Job offers made by Northwest Cascade will be contingent upon successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen, and background check, as applicable.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.