Northwest Cascade Construction
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Pipe Layer
at Northwest Cascade Construction
- 02-Jul-2019 to 01-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Puyallup, WA, USA
- $19 - $25
- Full Time
Pipe Layer - Residential Construction - Civil Construction
Installation of water, sewer and storm mains and laterals using proper assembly techniques. Installing manholes and catch basins as staked in the field. Extensive knowledge of all phases of underground utilities preferred.
- Give direction to operators, tail and top persons and able to work in a team environment
- Check and maintain line and grade
- Ability to install manholes and catch basins within the curb line
- Watch for and pothole existing utilities
- Provide quality control to ensure successful testing
- Able to take direction from foreman but be a self starter
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to work in all weather conditions and in wet trenches
- Be comfortable in trench boxes up to 20' + depth
- Good physical condition
- Must have or be able to pass trench and shoring class
- Must be okay with working overtime, including Saturdays and some night and emergency work; flexibility in scheduling is highly desired
- Self motivated
- Must be able to properly understand construction plans and be able to properly follow field instructions
- Must pass an initial drug screen and accept random drug testing practices
- Work Conditions: Load noises, heavy vibrations, construction equipment danger, climbing, lifting, inclement weather conditions
Job offers made by Northwest Cascade will be contingent upon successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen, and background check, as applicable.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.