Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Anthropology Faculty - Adjunct
at Olympic College
*This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.*
Olympic College is continuously recruiting for adjunct faculty to teach courses in Anthropology.
The college seeks candidates who can help close achievement gaps and meet Mission goals of serving its diverse student population.
- Essential Functions
- Prepare and teach anthropology courses.
- Provide quality teaching including related preparation and grading.
- Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the division office as requested.
- Maintain accurate records of students and complete forms as required.
- May include evening instruction and/or instruction at satellite campuses.
- May be asked to teach hybrid classes and online courses.
- Will be expected to teach a range of Anthropology courses.
- Punctual communication with students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
- Master's degree in Anthropology from an accredited college or university.
- Basic Computer Competency MS Office preferred.
- College teaching experience.
- Advanced computer competency and experience with LMS systems.
Successful applicants will be able to:
- Effectively teach and impart excitement and enthusiasm in teaching courses.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teaching students with little or no background, as well as the experienced student desiring to further their career.
- Utilize a variety of methods and modes of instruction to ensure student success.
- Teach and contribute through actions or in any other way to the college's diversity.
- Function as a team player.
- Foster a climate of multi-cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the classroom and with other professionals.
- Appropriately incorporate the use of computer information technology in the delivery of services.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment, to the Olympic College mission, diversity, and a learning-centered climate.
- Provide two professional letters of recommendation upon request and sample syllabi if requested.
- Uphold Olympic College's values and ethics necessary to maintain a positive climate.
- Additional Information
Terms of Employment
This is an adjunct faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. Placement on the faculty salary schedule will be commensurate with educational background and experience. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and this position is covered by the Association for Higher Education (AHE). Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the department. Evening and/or weekend classes, instruction at satellite Olympic College campuses, and off-campus assignments including travel to clinical sites may be a part of the instructional load.
Condition of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check prior to employment.
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online through the Olympic College website and submit the following required materials:
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter- In your cover letter describing how your background and experience align with this position.
- Unofficial college transcripts. Official transcripts and copies of mandated certifications will be required of the successful candidate.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College and will not be returned.
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 855-524-5627 between 6 am and 6 pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resource Services Office and the Olympic College web site.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator