Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Specialist 1
at Olympic College
Pay: up to $16.25/hour
$16.25 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2282350
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Overall Job Objective
- Coordinate, maintain, and provide support for desktops and other information technology equipment.Incumbents at this level have a working knowledge of computer systems and are able to complete routine tasks without help. Work performed is under spot check supervision and more significant problems and/or issues are referred to a higher level.
- Essential Functions
- Maintain, upgrade and repair workstation hardware, printers, disk drives, tape drives, video conferencing, network equipment, and servers;
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and may resolve hardware, software, and operational problems, providing technical support to internal staff; assist staff in adapting to hardware, software, and network changes;
- Use a structured or 'canned' process to carry out routine support tasks such as re-imaging equipment, replicating a software image, installing software, upgrading RAM, installing a new hard drive or floppy drive;
- Create log-in IDs and reset passwords;
- Train staff in the use of computers and software or provide technical guidance and one-to-one training to end-users; assist staff with problems or questions pertaining to computer production work;
- Serve as liaison between the customer and the information services division;
- Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware and software products;
- Receive and record trouble reports from end user customers; execute scripts; resolve technical issues as they arise and if necessary, route trouble ticket to higher level for resolution; notify customers about outages, system problems, etc.;
- Coordinate moves with the IT team and facilities department;
- Document and develop procedures for routine tasks;
- May schedule lab techs, direct and train student employees as necessary to coordinate technology;
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- One year experience in information technology related activities such as: installing workstations, providing technical support for software, or installing and maintaining PC hardware, servers and networks OR a two year computer related degree OR a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, technical communication, engineering and other related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of documented technical experience.
- Two years expereince supporting an organization with over 100 PCs.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft software and operating systems.
- Thorough knowledge of PC Hardware, maintenance and repair.
- Intermediate knowledge of networks, servers and other technology equipment.
- At least a two year Technical Degree or equivalent work experience.
- MCP and/or A+ certification.
- Demonstrate strong computer operation and set-up skills;
- Work independently with little direction;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Understand oral and written instructions;
- Work effectively under pressure;
- Establish and meet 'Physical Requirements' to accomplish required work;
- Follow campus regulations local, state, and federal laws, regulations and ordinances;
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Function as a team player;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, diversity, and learning-centered climate.
- Additional Information
- Conditions of employment
Terms of Employment:
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Ability to lift, move and transport equipment and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
This position is part-time position scheduled to work approximately 18 hours per week. This position may require travel to other campuses.
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online through the Olympic College website and submit the following required materials:
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter - In your cover letter describe how your background and experience sets you apart as a candidate for this position.
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 877-204-4442 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the College web site.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator