Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2 - Medical Assisting
at Olympic College
Olympic College is recruiting to fill a part-time hourly Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2 position for the Medical Assisting (MEDA) Program at the Bremerton Campus.
This position performs professional and/or technical instructional support activities involving the use of scientific, technical and/or academic knowledge, materials, and techniques. The Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2 will prepare materials and equipment for use in a classroom or laboratory, assist students in course work assignments, assist instructors in presenting course material to students, and set up, maintain, and operate equipment in accordance with standardized procedures or instructions received from academic or supervisory personnel.
- Essential Functions
- Monitor "open lab" times for students to utilize models and practice skills;
- Assist with information sessions;
- Conduct and maintain supply and/or equipment inventory;
- Prepare equipment, materials, and solutions for class work and/or lab projects;
- Assist instructor(s) with lecture and/or laboratory material;
- Conduct lab or lecture demonstrations;
- Set up and clean up for clinical classes;
- Assist in writing reports and preparing documentation for accreditation;
- Assist with purchasing supplies and equipment;
- Perform other related duties as assigned/required, i.e. group tutoring, clerical assistance, etc.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant or Medical Biller/Coder required
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university
Conditions of Employment:
- Seven hour HIV/AIDS training required within two weeks of hire date.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- This is a part-time position that requires punctual and regular attendance.
- This position is in a typical classroom and/or lab environment but may require the employee to move across campus to other buildings.
- Position may require travel to satellite campuses.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to lift and carry supplies and equipment of up to 40 pounds.
Practical examination may be administered. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a passing or competitive score on the examination.
- Additional Information
Successful applicant will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer software applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Foster a climate of multi-cultural understanding and appreciation
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws, and ordinances established at the campus, local, state, and/or federal level
- Function as a team player
- Interact successfully with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, vision, and values
To be considered, click "APPLY" button above and submit the following required application materials:
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 877-204-4442 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.All application materials become the property of Olympic College.Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the College web site.Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator