Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic 4 - HVAC Mechanic
at Olympic College
Olympic College is seeking a skilled HVAC mechanic to support the facilities at all of it's campuses. As an important member of the Olympic College team the HVAC mechanic will support students in providing and maintaining safe and comfortable facilities. If you are interested in joining the unique campus campus culture, becoming a Washington state employee and enjoying the benefits and security provided, we would love to hear from you.
This position will remain open until filled
- Essential Functions
- Under general supervision this position performs skilled work in the inspection, testing, servicing, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment (HVAC) systems, and related equipment at Olympic College facilities
- Makes repairs to HVAC system components including chillers, boilers, valves, and other items and responds to calls on heating and cooling problems to evaluate problem and make appropriate repairs.
- On a project basis may be assigned to supervise maintenance personnel, equipment mechanics and others performing maintenance, repair and modification of machinery and mechanical equipment involved with buildings, utilities and facilities.
- Analyzes and maintains facility control systems that include electrical, electronic, and pneumatic sensors and actuators; lay out, fabricate, and install mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic temperature and humidity controls for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems; repair relays, timers, meters, and switches with local or remote computer control.
- Installation, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of air handlers, air flow dampers, V belts, sheaves, pulleys, and bearings; maintains and repairs commercial refrigeration equipment used in air conditioning, ventilation, heating, chilled water systems.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs building mechanical and electrical systems; plumbing, sewer, domestic water, fire suppression, refrigeration and building mechanical systems.
- Coordinate work and building access with administrators, contractors and other trades to implement projects.
- Develop cost estimates for repairs and upgrades; purchase supplies and equipment for HVAC projects; assist in specifying HVAC equipment and controls.
- Maintain building automation control programs and systems. Make changes to control programs to facilitate building changes and variations in program needs.
- Evaluation, troubleshoot maintain and repair of low-voltage building system controls.
- Read and evaluate building and equipment plans and specifications, reads and interprets blueprints.
- Support and advance the Olympic College strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist other trades in completion of maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Journey-Level status as an HVAC Mechanic in a union, or a combination of education and work experience that would provide the required skills and knowledge to successfully work in this capacity.
- Intermediate computer competency with the use of building automation control systems and related software, and, Basic computing experience with MS Office Suite, e-mail, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Current Refrigerant EPA Certification Card.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical and electrical building codes, applicable state and federal regulations.
- Experience with the use of building automation controls such as: Tridium, Honeywell, Lon Works, Siemens, Robert Shaw, Schneider, open architecture Bac-net and similar communications protocol.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an HVAC Mechanic
- Experience working in maintenance for a government, higher education institution or similar employment;
- Supervisory experience in a facility maintenance industry;
- Refrigeration Certification
- Building Operators Certificate (BOC)
- Provide excellent customer service in a diverse community.
- Interact successfully with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
- Additional Information
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time classified position scheduled to work 40 hours per week. Olympic College provides an excellent benefits package which includes vacation, holiday & sick leave, medical/dental/vision/life insurance. A collective bargaining agreement exists and this position is represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA).
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful Completion of a criminal history background check.
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter- In your cover letter describe how your background and experience sets you apart as a candidate for this position.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 855-524-5627 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resource Services Office and the Olympic College web site.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator