Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic 4 - Plumber
at Olympic College
Under general supervision this position performs skilled work in the inspection, testing, servicing, and maintenance of plumbing, mechanical and related equipment at Olympic College facilities.
This position makes repairs to plumbing system components including domestic water, steam, condensate, storm drain, sewer and other items and responds to calls on mechanical systems and equipment to evaluate problems and make appropriate repairs. On a project basis may be assigned to supervise maintenance personnel, equipment mechanics and others performing maintenance, repair and modification of plumbing and mechanical equipment involved with buildings, utilities and facilities.
- Essential Functions
- Installs, maintains and repairs pipes, storm sewers, septic tanks, sewage mains and laterals, valves, drains, basins, tubs, faucets, lavatories, sinks, water coolers, and kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Drain cleaning with water jetters and sewer snake; lay-out, measuring, cutting and install plumbing and related components.
- Perform and document regularly scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on plumbing and mechanical systems and on heating and ventilation equipment as assigned.
- May inspect, test, repair and maintain backflow prevention devices.
- Install, service and repair rotating equipment: i.e., fans, pumps and gear or belt driven assemblies.
- May assist in the installs, inspects, maintains of building heating, cooling systems, boilers, radiators, oil burners, pumps, traps, valves, ancillary equipment; fire suppression, refrigeration and chilled water systems; chilled and heating coils.
- Coordinate work and building access with administrators, contractors and other trades to implement projects.
- Develop cost estimates for maintenance, repairs and upgrades.
- May purchase supplies and equipment for plumbing and mechanical projects. cleans, maintains, and repairs power and hand tools.
- Read and evaluate building and equipment plans and specifications, reads and interprets blueprints.
- Support and advance the Olympic College strategic plan.
- Assist other trades in completion of maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Education and work experience that would provide the required skills and knowledge to successfully work in this capacity or a history of journey-Level status as a Plumber or Steamfitter in a union.
- Basic computing experience with MS Office Suite, e-mail, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and mechanical building codes, applicable state and federal regulations.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as a Plumber or Steamfitter.
- Experience working in maintenance for a government, higher education institution or similar employment.
- Supervisory experience in a facility maintenance industry.
- Backflow testing/maintenance and repair.
- Building Operators Certificate (BOC).
- Additional Information
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time classified position scheduled to work 40 hours per week. Olympic College provides an excellent benefits package which includes vacation, holiday & sick leave, medical/dental/vision/life insurance. A collective bargaining agreement exists and this position is represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver's license
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. Exposure to hazardous materials or potentially hazardous working conditions is inherent in this position. Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 50 pounds without assistance. Position will require climbing ladders above 10 feet and work on building rooftops and other elevated work platforms.
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online through the Olympic College website and submit the following required materials:
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 855-524-5627 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resource Services Office and the Olympic College web site.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator