Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assisting - Adjunct Faculty
at Olympic College
- Olympic College is continuously recruiting for adjunct faculty to teach courses in the Medical Assisting Program.Continuous Recruitment listings are for potential future needs.
- Essential Functions
- Teach course(s) in accordance with college catalog, schedule of classes, course outlines, course syllabi, and any departmental guidelines;
- Teach grounded sections and/or courses online;
- Provide quality teaching including related preparation and grading;
- Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the division office;
- Maintain accurate records of students and complete forms as required;
- May require evening instruction;
- Punctual communication with students, faculty, and staff;
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Two (2) years of recent health care experience as a MA, LPN, or RN or relevant military and/or teaching experience
- Intermediate computer competency including technology in the classroom
- Must have familiarity and ability to teach all facets of medical assisting, including anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, vital signs, eye and ear examination and testing, pulmonary function testing, ECG performance, microscope usage, various CLIA waived laboratory testing, autoclave usage and sterilization techniques, safety and the OSHA standard, phlebotomy, processing of specimens, chemical analysis of urine and blood through automated and manual methods, inventory and ordering practices, and IM, ID, and SC injections
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Possess a CMA, RMA, NCMA, or NHCMA or have current MA or nursing license.
- Teaching experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Lift, carry, move and transport supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Successful applicants will be able to:
- Effectively teach and impart excitement and enthusiasm in teaching courses;
- Demonstrate a commitment to teach students with little or no background, as well as the experienced student desiring to further their career;
- Utilize a variety of methods and modes of instruction to ensure student success;
- Teach and contribute through actions or in any other way to the college's diversity;
- Function as a team player;
- Foster a climate of multi-cultural understanding and appreciation;
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the classroom and with other professionals;
- Appropriately incorporate the use of computer information technology in the delivery of services;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment, to the Olympic College mission, diversity, and a learning-centered climate;
- Uphold Olympic College's values and ethics necessary to maintain a positive climate.
- Additional Information
To be considered, complete the following required application materials.
- Online Application
- Cover Letter, in your cover letter describe how your background and experience sets you apart to teach this subject/discipline.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts. Official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resource Services Office and the Olympic College web site
An equal Opportunity Employer and Educator