Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant 2-General
at Olympic College
Pay: up to $11.5/hour
$11.5 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1786708
Overall Job Objective
- POSITION:Olympic College is accepting applications for Office Assistant 2 positions that may occur throughout the year for various departments on campus. This position will perform a variety of routine clerical duties such as processing documents and records, extracting and compiling records or data, responding to routine inquiries concerning office/departmental services and procedures, maintaining and monitoring established record keeping, filing and data base systems, and producing forms, letters, record entries and other material. May perform data retrieval and modification and enter data on numerical or alphabetical data entry equipment.Duties and assignments are of a routine nature. Decision making authority is limited to choice of appropriate methods or procedures.
- Essential Functions
- TYPICAL WORK:
- Following established guidelines, responds to inquiries regarding departmental services and procedures; answers telephones, receives and refers visitors;
- Schedule appointments and oversee multiple programs' Outlook calendars;
- Sort, file, and tabulate various documents and records; establish and prepare new files or categories within established filing systems; enter and retrieve data using electronic files; remove and log materials; maintain status and file reports;
- Perform basic word processing or typing tasks such as aligning text, setting margins and tables, saving or filing, spell checking, and printing to produce memos and letters;
- Perform electronic mail tasks;
- Cross check and tabulate standard information; check incoming forms and documents for required information; extract and compile statistical data from source documents;
- Order, receive, and maintain office inventory following established procedures;
- Draft routine forms and letters; assemble reports; proofread material making corrections for sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- May occasionally help and/or provide work direction to lower level staff.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, records, office supplies, and other materials;
- Perform tasks requiring the use of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND one year of clerical experience.
- Additional Information
- Successful applicants will be able to:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Follow campus regulations local, state, and federal laws, regulations and ordinances;
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Function as a team player;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, diversity, and learning-centered climate;
- Uphold Olympic College's values and ethics necessary to maintain a positive climate.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology including, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, mail merge) and database software;
- Work effectively under pressure.
WORKING CONDITIONS:This position requires punctual and regular attendance. This position is in a typical office environment but may require the employee to move across campus to other buildings.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. May be required to lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds.APPLICATION PROCESS:To be considered, complete the following required application materials. Apply online above by clicking on the "APPLY" link.REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Must pass a criminal background records check.
- If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
* Please upload all required application materials when completing the online application process. If you have problems uploading your documents, please contact Government Jobs applicant support at 855-524-5627 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time, Monday – Friday.
- Olympic College Hourly Online Application;
**The Olympic College Human Resource Services will not review, scan nor accept application materials other than the required application materials listed.All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
Not responsible for email or FAX error.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the Olympic College web site.Olympic College
Human Resource Services
College Service Center, Fifth Floor
1600 Chester Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
Phone: (360) 475-7300
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employment questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympic College provides equal opportunity in education and employment regardless of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, use of a trained guide dog or service animal, or on any other unlawful basis. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact Human Resource Services: email@example.com, 360-475-7300, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337-1699. For inquiries regarding sexual misconduct policies, contact Title IX Coordinator Cheryl Nuñez: firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-475-7125, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337-1699.