Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant 3
at Olympic College
Pay: up to $13.83/hour
$13.83 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2294193
Overall Job Objective
- Under general supervision, the office assistant will independently perform a variety of complex clerical projects and assignments such as preparing reports, preparing, reviewing, verifying and processing fiscal documents and/or financial records, composing correspondence such as transmittals and responses to frequent requests for information, establishing manual or electronic recordkeeping/filing systems and/or data base files, and responding to inquiries requiring substantive knowledge of office/departmental policies and procedures.
- Essential Functions
- Provides administrative support to eLearning Support faculty, eLearning Council and the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- Resolves problems and responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and services; answers telephone; receives and refers visitors.
- Composes office correspondence such as requests for documentation and responses to requests for information; devises, evaluates and revises forms for internal use.
- Reviews documents, records, or applications for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules; determines and explains action necessary to achieve compliance or approval.
- Reviews and verifies fiscal reports for accuracy; investigates and corrects errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies; uses basic arithmetic to perform computations.
- Establishes and maintains complex electronic or manual file systems or data base files;
- Prepares or assists in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports and records such as financial, payroll, equipment usage, purchasing, inventory, personnel, scheduling, registration, and testing.
- Compiles and produces material such as financial statements, manuscripts, schedules, and technical and statistical reports requiring specialized knowledge and judgment in selection and treatment of data and format as well as prepares, tables, charts and graphs as required.
- Performs complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics, spreadsheet, and data base files, uploading/downloading, and creating footnotes and outlines; uses spreadsheet and data base software to develop and maintain records; uses basic statistical software packages; performs simple computer inquiry programming; uses graphics software and recommends appropriate display of information.
- Orders, receives and maintains inventory.
- Creates promotional and training materials for eLearning in paper and digital formats, publishing materials via website and social media distribution channels.
- Schedules and coordinates eLearning and CTL trainings and events.
- Provides basic technical support to students regarding Canvas user access, utilization and navigation.
- Provides administrative support for related committees and councils (eLearning Council, Center Council, Instructional Assessment Council, etc.) – recording minutes, scheduling rooms, etc.
- May provide work direction to and assist in training of lower level staff and student workers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- 2 years of clerical experience.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Additional Information
- Required Applications Materials:
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at 877-204-4442 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.All application materials become the property of Olympic College.Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the College web site.Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter addressing your experience and qualifications for this position.