Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Olympic College
Under general direction, perform work using knowledge and experience. Exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations. Independently advise students, staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies, procedures and activities. When needed, select and/or recommend alternative courses of action and have extensive involvement with students, staff, the public and/or agencies in carrying out program activities. Coordinate, schedule and monitor program activities to achieve/maintain consistency with program goals.
- Essential Functions
- Perform general office tasks and duties, generate correspondence, create and disseminate outreach and marketing materials.
- Monitor budget status in line with program activities, plans or priorities; maintain program budgets and initiate corrective action; sign vouchers; receive, process and deposit funds; assist in the preparation of grants and grant proposals.
- Perform complex scheduling including independently prioritizing needs of program clients.
- Provide information and advice to students, staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies and activities, recommend alternative courses of action; promote the program on campus with outside organizations.
- Attend meetings and/or conferences as program representative.
- Confer regularly with representatives of off-campus organizations and agencies regarding the interpretation and implementation of program and institutional policies.
- Use word processing, graphics, statistical, spreadsheet and/or data base software.
- May direct the work of others.
- May make public presentations related to program specialty.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years (FTE) of administrative, technical and professional experience with workforce development, social services or a closely related field.
- Intermediate computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets and databases, MS Office preferred.
- Additional Information
Program Coordinator will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand verbal and written instructions.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a team member. Demonstrate ongoing commitment to continuous improvement including processes, programs and practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships. Collaborate successfully with colleagues, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate exceptional use of technology including, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, mail merge) and database software.
- Become familiar with campus regulations, local, state, and federal laws, regulations and ordinances as they pertain to WFD/BS programs.
- Write clear and accurate reports.
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate successful planning and organizational skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be a good listener and problem solver.
- Exhibit initiative.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, diversity and learning-centered climate.
- Uphold Olympic College's values and ethics.
- Contribute to a positive climate
To be considered, you must complete the following:
- Online Application
- Cover letter, in your cover letter describe how your background and experience aligns with the position.
*If you need assistance, contact the Customer Support Help Desk 877.204.4442
All application materials become the property of Olympic College. Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted on the Olympic College web site.An Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator