Othello School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Education High School Teacher
at Othello School District
TITLE: Business Education High School Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal or Designee
The Business Education High School Teacher provides learning opportunities and instruction to students related to the field of Business and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Models lessons for students.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of students.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies student needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for the individual education plans.
- Oversee classroom employees, students and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate
- CTE Certification in Business Education, preferred
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands, fingers, reach with arms, stoop, kneel and talk frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is a Leave Replacement Contract good for one school year.
Starting Date: 2020-2021 School Year
Salary: Based on education and experience 2020-2021 Salary Schedule
Benefits: Retirement, medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits are offered through the district’s designated providers.
Othello School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Section 504 Coordinator: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, email@example.com. Address: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
El Distrito Escolar Othello no discrimina en ningún programa o actividad por motivos de sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, nacionalidad, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un guía para perros entrenado o animal de servicio y proporciona acceso igualitario a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes designados. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar preguntas y quejas de supuesta discriminación: Coordinadora de Derechos Civiles y Coordinadora del Título IX: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org; y Coordinadora de la Sección 504: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, email@example.com. Dirección: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Eliza P. Castillo|
|Title||Lead HR Coordinator|
Monday, May 4, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)