Othello School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist ( 2 positions)
at Othello School District
- Valid Washington State ESA Certificate - Speech Language Pathologist
- Master’s degree in Communication Speech/Language Pathology
- Experience and/or training in deaf/hearing-impaired education is desired.
- Experience and/or training with cultural, ethnic, language and learning diversity is desired.
- Must be willing to work with students of varying ability and demonstrate effective principles of learning and teaching.
- Demonstrate ability to work well and share ideas with other team members and ability to promote positive school relationships with students, parents, support personnel, staff, administrators, and others with the community.
- Must have empathy and demonstrated rapport with students who are environmentally and/or educationally disadvantaged.
- Must be willing to work with all levels of special education students.
- Must be able to align lesson plans and units of instruction and assessment to the Washington State Essential Academic Learning Requirements.
- May be willing and able to provide support to classroom teachers by assisting with accommodations and instructional modifications to meet students’ IEPs.
- Must be a student advocate.
The candidate selected for this position will be required to provide educationally related communication intervention for students disabled by disorders of language, speech or hearing in a variety of settings as appropriate. S/he will assess speech and language skills of students suspected of having a communication disorder and consults with teachers in developing IEP goals and objectives. S/he will provide resources, modeling strategies and training to other team members in communication interventions. S/he will be responsible for testing students, writing individualized educational plans, participating in multidisciplinary team meetings, participating in student support team meetings, monitoring students’ progress and communicating with parents and staff regarding the progress of students assigned to him/her. S/he will also be responsible for providing specialized instruction within the regular classroom and/or in the resource room and prescribing necessary modifications and accommodations to classroom teachers to ensure students’ success. S/he will increase knowledge/skills related to communication intervention in the schools through participation in continuing education and inservice opportunities.
Conditions Of Employment:
Starting Date: 2017-2018 School Year
Salary: Based on education and experience 2017-2018 Salary Schedule
Benefits: Retirement, medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits are offered through
district’s designated providers.
To apply for a certificated position in our district, please visit our district website at www.othelloschools.org Click on the Employment tab
Select Certified Job Openings
Click on the link to apply via our online application system, TalentEd Recruit & Hire.
Questions: Contact Lisa Castillo, Administrative Assistant. Telephone 509.488.2659;
or email to email@example.com
Application Closing Date – When Filled
Othello School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Section 504 Coordinator: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, email@example.com. Address: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
El Distrito Escolar Othello no discrimina en ningún programa o actividad por motivos de sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, nacionalidad, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un guía para perros entrenado o animal de servicio y proporciona acceso igualitario a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes designados. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar preguntas y quejas de supuesta discriminación: Coordinadora de Derechos Civiles y Coordinadora del Título IX: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org; y Coordinadora de la Sección 504: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, email@example.com. Dirección: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 1, 2017 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)