Pacific Seafood Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Farm Worker - Seasonal
at Pacific Seafood Group
Responsible for providing assistance in aquaculture farm. Will assist with providing support in growing and feeding fish, in addition to providing support in various farm projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Perform general fish husbandry tasks such as counting, harvesting, and taking inventory.
- Perform general labor tasks, as assigned.
- Assist with farm organization and clean up as directed.
- Assist with building projects as assigned.
- Enter data into company computer database as directed.
- Operate various farm equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, and farm boats.
- Maintain farm safety at all times; comply with company health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure proper use of all company machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience:
- Minimum of six months related experience in the construction, manufacturing, farming, or related industry.
- Experience with the safe operation of fork lifts and powered pallet jacks.
- Prior boat operator experience or license.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wages, you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.