Pacific Seafood Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Seafood Group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Operate equipment to optimum efficiencies to meet quality, cost and operational requirements of daily schedules
- Coordinate, schedule and track all product and packaging going to and from packing line.
- Participate in the training of packing crew ensuring performance meets standards at line flow speeds.
- Must be able to interpret and follow Process Specifications to ensure the product and packaging meets Pacific Seafood quality standards and customer specifications.
- Communicate with the QA tech, maintenance technicians, supervisors, and safety to ensure product quality, timely production, timely and accurate production reporting.
- Monitor actual production against schedule; communicate/coordinate required volumes with production supervisor.
- Complete sanitation of line and equipment as needed/directed.
- Improve production efficiencies through training, equipment recommendations and communication with supervisor.
- Notify management of any production, safety, quality with equipment, operation or facility.
- Oversee Production team while reworking product that does not meet product specification.
- Follow production policies and procedures, including employee handbook, GMP’s, Food Safety, HACCP, and any other designated company procedures.
- Follow all company workplace safety policies and procedures as per OSHA regulations. (i.e. Food Defense Plan, SOP, PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment)).
- Knowledge of company and customer specifications, ranges, targets to meet quality standards.
- Diligently practice Good Housekeeping to help minimize on-the-job injuries.
- Properly complete equipment inspection check list and return to the shift Supervisor at the end of each shift.
- Follow GMP’s and keep a clean, safe and sanitary work place. Immediately report any situation that may cause the product to be contaminated.
- Comply with plant security by following establishes controls; report any suspicious activities to your Supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated comfort in working with and around heavy machinery.
- Experience in operating equipment such as a Vac Machine or Band Saw.
- Previous production or seafood processing experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Successfully earn company-provided Lockout/Tag-out (LOTO) certification within 6 months of employment.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Basic computer knowledge skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid or cold conditions.
- Work around heavy equipment.
- The noise level is usually loud.
Pacific Seafood University Required Training
- First Ninety Days (Welcome to the Team, Diamond Philosophy, The Key Principles, and Star Method of Feedback and EAP)
- Safe Lifting
- Slips, Trips, Falls
- Safety Orientation
- Preventative Stretching
- Return to Work (Injured worker’s responsibilities)