Pierce County Library
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer Systems Business Analyst 2
at Pierce County Library
**Please Note: Open Until Filled - First Consideration to Applications Received By 9/29/19.
Why It's a Great Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst who wants the ability and support to accomplish great things in the public sector. You will have the exceptional opportunity to work in an exciting fast paced work environment on a best in class system, Workday, and have the clear ability to directly impact the quality and service of our financial systems.
Why It's a Great Department:
This is a department that's service oriented, customer-centric, and focused on delivering value to our stakeholders and users.
How to be Successful in the Role:
You will be filling the gap in supporting critical financial systems processes and initiatives, someone with great vision and desire to innovate is a must. We have many strategic initiatives in flight, and you will have the ability to immediately contribute to the team's success. You will be guided through the process with coaching-focused managerial support.
Your Future in this Role:
As you get acclimated your responsibilities will increase to have ownership/administrative authority over financial systems. You will be key to the success of County initiatives and programs as your understanding of core processes, transactions, and reports grows.
- Position Summary
Core Daily Responsibilities:
- Provide project support for core/critical financial systems initiatives.
- Provide production support for financial systems as a technical lead.
- Model, and train users on new and updated software applications or processes.
- Configure reports, dashboards, and analytics using ERP reporting tools.
- Configure security roles for data and business processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in management information systems, business administration, or related field.
- Two or more years of computer systems business analyst experience.
- Additional education or experience may substitute for the recruiting requirements.
- Knowledge of financial systems, financial reports, and business processes.
- Business analyst aptitude: ability to translate business needs into requirements and project plans.
- Strong technical abilities in report writing, system configurations, and system integrations.
- Expertise in Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) and/or Financials modules.
- Experience/knowledge of Government Finance and Accounting standards.
- Certificate in Business Analysis.
- Prior to being hired in any County department in which compliance with the US Department of Justice, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) security policy is mandated, a candidate must successfully complete the required background investigation, which may include fingerprinting, physical examination, behavioral assessment, and polygraph. Thereafter, employers must continue to meet CJIS standards and requirements.
- Supplemental Information
To be considered for this opportunity please:
- Complete and submit an online Pierce County Employment Application by selecting "APPLY" above or go to: www.piercecountywa.org/jobs.
- If you do not have internet access, you may visit your local public library or any WorkSource location and use their computers.
- Individuals needing accommodation in the application, testing process or need this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (253) 798-7480, at least two days prior to the need.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Pierce County welcomes a diverse workforce. Pierce County does not discriminate based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person.