Preferred Freezer Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Preferred Freezer Services
PREFERRED FREEZER SERVICES currently has an excellent opportunity for Forklift Operators at our Richland, WA facility.
A warehouse forklift operator’s job functions are related to loading and unloading processes as well as sorting and systematic handling of product. The forklift operator is also accountable for checking lifts prior to usage and partaking in training for license renewal. The requirement of forklift operators is essential in loading docks.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Loading goods on to the forklift in a systematic procedure.
- Following proper handling procedure of the goods.
- Responsibility of conducting regular inspection of the forklift to ensure its safety and ability of performing the operations.
- Assisting in making pallets of goods and materials to put on trucks and/or railcars for transportation.
- Maintaining and working in accord with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration norms (OSHA).
- Verifying the loaded material with the order form given.
- Coordinating work with the warehouse staff and efficiently carrying out the orders of the supervisor.
- Performing other duties as needed.
- High school graduate or general education degree (GED) from an accredited institution with some related experience preferred but not required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends occasionally as required.
- Must have a solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and change direction mid-stream.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate work with co-workers and take orders from superiors.
- Awareness of the safety and official procedures for handling good and supplies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and deadlines.
PREFERRED FREEZER SERVICES offers the most modern, state-of-the-art, full service temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States. We began providing cold storage services in 1989 from a 1.3-million-cubic-feet refrigerated warehouse in Perth Amboy, NJ, with 25 full-time employees and gross revenues of $3.6 million. We have since expanded to become one of the largest public refrigerated warehousing companies in the world.
Preferred Freezer Services (PFS) is composed of a nationwide network of state-of-the-art cold storage facilities, providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Approximately 1,300 diligent employees make up the excellent work force that drives our constant growth and makes PFS our industry’s leader.
We now operate in 31 facilities in 9 regions nationwide, with 6 more scheduled to commence construction shortly. We have more than 1,300 employees and close to $200 million in sales. With over 200 million cubic feet of warehouse space from coast-to-coast, we offer our customers premier facilities. Preferred Freezer Services also has an International presence in both China and Vietnam with cold storage warehouses in Lingang Park, Shanghai, Wai Gao Qiao, Shanghai and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
As our growth continues, we shall build on this foundation - constructing superior facilities, utilizing leading-edge technologies, incorporating the finest MIS systems available, and hiring outstanding people with the talent and drive to perform.
Our goal is to be rated "The Best" by every customer, employee and vendor that we engage with on a daily basis. Most importantly, PFS takes pride in attracting and retaining an outstanding workforce with the talent and drive to perform.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: health and dental insurance, EAP, paid time off, 401(k) plan and company matching, company paid life insurance, employee assistance program, short and long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts and additional voluntary benefits.