Quinault Beach Resort & Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Quinault Beach Resort & Casino
- Ensure the proper efficiency of the venue to include but not limited to train staff, meet with vendors, recommend measures for cost control, plan promotions and ensure optimal guest service and effective day-to-day venue service operations. Oversee a large staff of team members. In addition, the team member in this position is responsible to promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Casino operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino operations.
- Operate business efficiently and effectively within the fiscal and operational guidelines of the venue.
- Oversee daily operations of all F&B venue to include but not limited to support the venue’s concept, maintain menu and product knowledge, conduct shift meetings, daily training, opening/closing duties and ensure a positive environment for team members and guests.
- Develop initiatives to increase sales, control costs and manage appropriate inventories.
- Ensure proper management of department expenses to include but not limited to labor, inventories and revenue.
- Control pace and quantity of production, minimize down time and motivate staff.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interview and hire; train team members; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; motivate, reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems
- Understand, analyze and evaluate venue financial reports and work on outlet budget with management; make adjustments accordingly to achieve set financial plan.
- Ensure and facilitate effective communication and establish a congenial and professional relationship with all departments to ensure consistency within the casino.
- Ensure efficient scheduling to meet business demands. Set a daily example of professional behavior, cooperation and responsibility.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and organized work environment.
- Handle difficult guest situations and operational issues with positive resolution.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and prompt service to all guests.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of venue service standards for all positions.
- Establish, update and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Monitor payroll hours and reports.
- Monitor inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Assure property operation meets internal audit standards.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures.
- Provide support to all events and casino operations.
- Project and maintain operating budget as well as P&L.
- Adhere to all QBRC Personnel Policies and Procedures, Title 97 Policy, and HR Standard Operating Procedures.
- The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS:
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment
Note: The list of duties and responsibilities, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise the position description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the position change.
Should an applicant or employee request special consideration for any particular reason, such as reasonable accommodation for a disability, the Supervisor or Manager should contact the Human Resources Director. At this time, the Supervisor or Manager should be able to describe, in detail, to the Human Resources Director, the Essential Functions of the job involved in the request.
Job functions are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate management changes and requests. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an employment relationship and one of primary functional expectations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older upon employment.
- Associates Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, or closely related field,
- Five (5) years of supervising in a high volume restaurant or Food and Beverage Supervisor or Assistant Manager experience required OR an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, coaching, team building and problem solving skills.
- Must possess general knowledge of all phases of full service dining and food and beverage service procedures.
- Must be able to evaluate statistical reports and other business reports.
- Must be computer literate, including broad knowledge of all Microsoft office applications as well as restaurant automated systems.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees, and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Knowledge of mixed drinks, wines and wine service.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to professionally deal with difficult situations and people.
- Ability to meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to meet multiple priorities of business demands.
- Multiple F&B Venue experience.
Experience as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or Assistant Manager, in casino environment.
Experience in a first-class medium-large resort with multiple outlet operations.
BA, Bachelors in Hospitality, Business Administration or 5+ years previous management experience in high volume Hotel/Resort F&B venues
Strong working knowledge of Point of Sale Systems i.e. micros, infogenesis, aloha, etc. Inspection of all VIP Guest rooms and personal handling of the VIP Service